Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quick report - Austin ablation

Posted by Jackie 
Quick report - Austin ablation
August 19, 2014 04:12PM
Just a quick note.

First and most important…. let me thank you again for the outpouring of good wishes, thoughts and prayers which was most welcome and great comfort to me during this latest ‘afib adventure.’ I so appreciate your kind and caring support. I was overwhelmed. People I hadn’t heard from in years came out of the woodwork to extend their good wishes. Amazing and very comforting.

Overall, my Austin Ablation Experience was excellent… the facility, the EP team/staff and, of course, my hero, wonderful Dr. Natale. It was most comforting to see him again after nearly 11 years and I am most grateful.

The ablation on Monday 8/11 went well and I was discharged the following morning at 11 am in NSR. On no heart meds other than Eliquis. Procedure details and findings follow in another report.

I left Austin around 2 pm on Saturday 8/16 with a two-hour layover in Nashville where, at 6 pm, I went into Afib and then a-flutter. That continued through Monday morning when Austin arranged with Dr.Schweikert in Akron for a cardioversion. So… today, I’m in NSR again but still a bit groggy from the whole ordeal. Comparing this recovery time to my ‘03 ablation when I was 67, just serves to emphasize that the older one is, it may be more difficult to bounce back quickly. While it's not at all uncommon to have this type of post-ablation activity, I'd have obviously preferred to get home and be settled in before having to deal with yet another ECV and so on.

In a day or two, I’ll be reporting on the procedure details for anyone who is interested.

Again, thanks to all for your kind thoughts.

Sincerely,
Jackie
Re: Quick report - Austin ablation
August 19, 2014 04:52PM
Glad to hear you are home and in NSR Jackie. I had a 4 hour afib event also 5 days after my ablation with Dr Schweikert, . Otherwise doing well. Best wishes to you and your recovery.

John
August 19, 2014 05:52PM
Jackie, I have been so eager to hear from you since you arrived home but wanted to give you time to rest. So glad the procedure went well. Look forward to your next post. You are in my prayers. Lynda
August 19, 2014 06:57PM
Jackie,

I wish you a speedy recovery and a heart full of NSR!

George
Re| Quick report - Austin ablation
August 19, 2014 07:25PM
So relieved that you are home safely, Jackie, and that your procedure went well. I wish you a smooth and restful recovery! I know you'll be following the best post-procedure protocols.....take good care of yourself, and take lots of naps. We are all thinking about you!

Louise
August 19, 2014 10:27PM
Jackie , I'm so glad that you are home now and recovering from your touch up. Funny word that "touchup" Sounds like its the light version of an ablation but I know it was more like a redo. I hope your recovery is a speedy one and that you get back to doing all the things that give you pleasure. Blessings to you.

Cheers

Adrian, 60 and NSR for 2.5
August 19, 2014 10:40PM
Good to hear from you. I know how disappointing that first week afib event can be, but I also know you have all of your systems running in top notch shape, so hopefully it is a one off event.

All the best to you Jackie. You have helped so many of us over the rough spots.
Ron
August 19, 2014 11:19PM
HI Jackie - glad to her your procedure went well and you are safely back home. Having to have that cardioversion right afterwards had to be disappointing, but hopefully that was it and you are now on the mend! We are all rooting for yousmiling smiley

Please keep us posted. Best to you ~ Barb
August 20, 2014 06:47AM
Jackie

Praying and cheering for a quiet recovery. Hard to believe it was 11 years ago for your last. So sorry you had to deal with a cardio-version and a fib while traveling. Looking forward to hearing more.
xo
me
August 20, 2014 11:34AM
Jackie: Too bad your body doesn't respect your wishes all the time. You have to look at that bout of afib and the cardioversion as part of your post-op recovery process.

You probably remember from 11 years ago that recovery is a cyclic process.

Hang in there.

Gordon
August 20, 2014 11:42AM
Wow again Jackie,

So sorry you had to go through some post-ablation activity, but I'm hoping for your now-easier recovery. I'm sure we'd be interested in procedure details but more important is to rest and recover.

Best wishes and prayers,
Anton/Anthony/Tony :>)
August 20, 2014 11:57AM
Welcome back Jackie!

Jim
August 21, 2014 09:00AM
Jackie,
Let me join the chorus -- Best to you as you get better. You have been a comfort and help to so many of us...

Tibbar
August 23, 2014 03:02AM
Jackie,

I wish you a speedy recovery and looking forward to hear best news from you.

Ben
Dee
August 23, 2014 12:25PM
Jackie, I'm so glad you are back. Praise the lord.! You have helped so many of us.
Try to take it easy, sleep and rest. We will be here waiting for you to tell us all the details.

Dee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login