Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Waving the white flag!

Posted by Jackie 
Waving the white flag!
August 06, 2014 08:59AM
Enough’s enough!

After two years of tinkering with periodic AF breakthroughs while attempting to treat both Lyme and Epstein Barr virus that reactivated…. and apparently as a result of treatment reactions, I’ve needed several electro-cardioversions in the summer of 2012, one in 2013 and just recently on Monday 6/30 and then again on Monday 7/7. So, I waved the white flag and contacted Austin (Texas) for Dr. Natale’s assistance once again. My 2003 Natale ablation has served me well until this interference.

I’m flying to Austin this Sunday (August 10) for ablation the next day. I have every confidence that Dr. Natale’s exquisite expertise and knowledge will provide the relief I need and allow me to get off these dreadful heart drugs - plus allow me to tackle successfully the stealth infections that emerged after years of quiescence…..apparently not uncommon in an aging immune system.

At age 78, I am desperate for some quality time without AF lurking in the background and feeling fatigued because of the reactivations and heart meds. It’s also become more of a challenge to maintain the all-important optimal intracellular magnesium and potassium levels in spite of my heroics so post-ablation, I’ll have to be extremely diligent but once my system is not under a barrage of stress, I expect all will normalize and I’ll enjoy NSR for the rest of my days.

So, wish me Bon Voyage and send me loads of positive energy, good thoughts and prayers.
I’ll send a report when I’m back in action. I’m home on 8/16.

Please be well, all of you.

Jackie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2014 10:09AM by Jackie.
Re: Waiving the white flag!
August 06, 2014 09:08AM
Jackie ! Best wishes for a procedure well done and NSR for you. I am sure you and Natale will come through in flying colors.
August 06, 2014 09:41AM
Jackie,

Good luck! I know you are in great hands.

I'll be thinking of you.

George
August 06, 2014 09:49AM
I wish you the very best! May peace of mind be with you
August 06, 2014 10:01AM
Wow, Jackie. How great you can go and take care of it the following day. What a quick appt. I am so happy for you. You are in my prayers , and I look forward to a great report. You be in health. Love to you, Lynda
August 06, 2014 10:33AM
Good move Jackie...best of luck!
August 06, 2014 10:47AM
Hi Jackie, We all know how you feel! I am getting used to my quiet heart and relative confidence that AF is not lurking around the corner. You deserve the same. Best of luck to you. Dennis
Anonymous User
August 06, 2014 11:16AM
Jackie,

I wish you well as you undergo your ablation. You are very special to the participants on this board; many have benefited greatly from your insight. We have come to know you as a strong individual, and your strength will serve you well going forward. Awaiting your return.

Regards,

Larry
August 06, 2014 11:35AM
So sorry you have had to wrestle with your own challenges with this all the while always there to help the rest of us. You are an amazing woman and we are all so grateful for all of your advice, support and encouragement over the years. This "touch up" with Dr. Natale should do the trick for you, and then give you the relief of blissful NSR - for the rest of your life!

I will be praying for you and thinking of you and sending positive "vibes" that all goes smoothly and you will be back here in no time flat, telling us of your success!

Best to you, Jackiesmiling smiley Barb
August 06, 2014 11:40AM
Dear Jackie,

Having been right there with you through the roller coaster of the last couple years, the time really seems right now for your reaquaintence with the maestro in Austin. 11 years is a nice long success story and I just know you will enjoy seeing, and experiencing the benefits of all the new hi-tech goodies they use now that were not available back in those early pioneer days :-).

And checking out all the fancy gear when they wheel you in will provide a good distraction while you are getting all prepared up in the EP Lab, just ask Matt Dare to explain what everything is if there is anything you don't recognize, and before you know it you will be in dreamland and it will all be over and you'll be on the other side of the fence again. The folks there in Austin are super and very caring ... and the food is by far the best of any hospital I have ever been to as a patient or a visitor.

Will be sending big waves of good vibes your way all day Monday, and rest assured Dr Natale already knows how special you are to all of us here and all of your tireless and compassionate help offered to us all over the years... its time for you to enjoy some TLC from The Man.

Best wishes and I will be waiting by the phone to hear from you as soon as you can think .
Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 01:22PM by Shannon.
August 06, 2014 11:41AM
We're with you Jackie! Hope you get some rest from the beast.

Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 11:43AM by mailman52.
August 06, 2014 12:47PM
Jackie,

It is my 70 th birthday on the day of your ablation. I am sending you all the good wishes and love I receive on that day. I will be thinking about you all day and will also be sending you my personal thoughts and prayers.

Bless you Jackie, I'm sure you will feel the love coming your way from everyone on the afibbers site.

Lou
August 06, 2014 01:17PM
Dear Jackie,
There isn't much more I can say that hasn't already been said. You are an angel of mercy to many on this board. And I join with the others in sending good wishes, which you so rightly deserve. Keep well. I look forward to your healthful return.

Judianne
August 06, 2014 04:09PM
Jackie,
Over the years you have been SO very helpful to me and many others in giving of your time and your knowledge. Best to you for a quick and full recovery.

Joe
August 06, 2014 04:13PM
Be thinking of you
August 06, 2014 04:25PM
Sending you most positive vibes Jackie, best wishes and blessings to you and I'm sure you'll find the relief you are looking for and will wonder why you left it till now (so easy to put up with it, I know we've all been there) x
August 06, 2014 04:43PM
Thanks for all you do Jackie! I'll be one day behind you on the table with Dr Schweikert. Hope your ablation is a complete success! Best wishes, thoughts and prayers.

John
August 06, 2014 07:01PM
Glad to hear that Jackie. Seems overdue if anything, and I'm confident it will be a smooth procedure for you (we know the excellent odds of success with Natale). Best wishes, Ralph
August 06, 2014 07:12PM
Best wishes to you Jackie, and good luck.
August 06, 2014 07:45PM
Jackie,

Prayers for 100% success coming your way. You've been so kind to everybody joining this board - I hope some of the kindness is returned to you with NSR from now on.
August 06, 2014 07:54PM
Jackie all the very best to you. You have been such a source of kindness and sound information during at our times of need, that I can say without equivocation that all sorts of positive energy and goodwill will be directed to Austin Texas on August 11th. On top of that you are with the best!

Steve
August 06, 2014 08:14PM
Sending many angels to hover around. This is a wonderful decision, you are in good hands! XO

Louise
August 06, 2014 08:37PM
Best of luck Jackie! I hope there's wifi in the hospital so you can give us updates!

Tom
August 07, 2014 02:15AM
Jackie,
I have sent you a PM .
please see your PM box.

Ben
August 07, 2014 03:11AM
Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery Jackie . We know that you are in the best of hands.Next time we hear from you NSR it issmiling smiley

Positive thoughts sent your way
Rosemarie
August 07, 2014 07:59AM
Good luck Jackie; You are in our prayers. You are in good hands with Dr. Natale.smileys with beer
August 07, 2014 08:08AM
Get well ASAP.
No time off for you around here. winking smiley
August 07, 2014 08:59AM
Jackie: You've done everything possible to heal yourself as age and other things are catching up with you so now is definitely the time to get the Natale involved, before something else might happen to you that could preclude him doing some things. You know you're in the best possible hands.

You're making a timely good decision and here's wising you a smooth and easy successful procedure.

If you also get at least 11 years out of this procedure as you did your last it'll be well worth the investment of energy and emotion you're making.

xo. Gordon
August 07, 2014 10:15AM
All the best Jackie! smiling smiley

I wish you NSR and a speedy recovery!

Sally
Anonymous User
August 07, 2014 04:45PM
Dear Jackie,
I haven't checked in on this forum for the last few days because coincidently, I've been busy reading your archived posts about D-Ribose dated back in 2006 & 2007. I was thinking of you and was going to either PM you or make a new post regarding D-Ribose because I have questions about it and was thinking of using it. Anyway, I signed in to the current forum and find out your new post.
From day one since I joined this great forum, you have been the most persistent, patient and sincere in sharing your knowledge and answering questions. Your archived posts are also filled with great information. For all you do, I greatly appreciate and love you. You are truly inspirational.
I pray for your smooth and successful ablation. And I will wait on this side to hear from you to let us how great you will be doing after the ablation. Godspeed.

Duke
August 07, 2014 05:34PM
Dear Jackie,

I wish you all the very best for your up coming ablation, you of all people deserve a smooth ride. Will be thinking of you.
Colin
August 07, 2014 09:56PM
Jackie, I knew it was just a matter of time, I know how much you disliked those meds, best wishes, I'm sure all will go well

Tom C
August 08, 2014 12:03AM
Yes! Wise choice, Jackie. Time for a Natale touchup. The good news is, this time the technology and the good doctor's skills are much better than in 2003.
August 08, 2014 07:45AM
Jackie,
Prayers and best wishes for your quick recovery. We look forward to learning of your progress.
Betty
August 08, 2014 10:27AM
Dear Jackie,

Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do to help those of us who find ourselves here and in need of reliable information and support. Along with all the others on this list I will be holding the best thoughts for you during your time in Austin and as you return home. I hope that you find yourself with unlimited "quality time" free of AF following the procedure with Dr. Natale.

All best wishes,

Rob
August 08, 2014 10:51AM
Will be thinking of you Jackie, and sending good vibes.

Gill
August 08, 2014 12:48PM
Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and good wishes. I am most grateful and I treasure every word of support and encouragement.

Jackie
August 08, 2014 05:47PM
Good luck Jackie and lots of love my friend

Mark x (hope the x's are allowed on the forum)
August 08, 2014 08:49PM
Dear Jackie,

All the best! You've been a great inspiration to all of us on this website, and I, along with everyone else, have appreciated it more than I can say. Here's hoping that the ablation is a great success. You deserve it!

Phil
August 08, 2014 09:14PM
My very best wishes to you. You have been such a resource and inspiration to so many folks. I pray all will be well.
August 08, 2014 10:32PM
Crazy this is happening to you. How dare it rear its ugly head. I am sure Dr.Natale will take good care of you. You are a rockstar and i know with all your knowledge it will be a speedy recovery. Can't wait to hear from you on Tuesday on the other side.
Godspeed Jackie and Bless you
Tight Hug
xo
Susan
August 09, 2014 01:48AM
Prayers are with you during this, Jackie.

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
August 09, 2014 04:40AM
Best wishes Jackie. Although I don't post very often, I've gotten much out of your informative posts. I look forward to hearing how you are doing in the coming weeks.
August 09, 2014 09:50AM
Dear Jackie,

Will be thinking of you and keeping you in prayer!

Lisa
ron
August 09, 2014 09:53AM
My Prayers and best wishes for a successful procedure Jackie.

...ronH
August 09, 2014 10:39PM
All the best for you, Jackie! You have helped so many of us on this board, and I know you will be helped by Dr. Natale. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and then NSR again.

Marg
August 10, 2014 05:10AM
All the very, very best for your ablation Jackie. I have been following this site since 2003 and you have been such an enormous help to me and to so many others here. You really have been my guardian angel.....and I cannot thank you enough for all your help. You will be very much in my thoughts and hope that the ablation is a complete success. Warm wishes to you Jackie. Maureen
August 10, 2014 05:55PM
Jackie,
Speaking as a new fellow white flag waver, I can only wish you the very best. I'm sure all will be well, and you can get the NSR you so richly deserve. It sometimes seems nothing other than unfair that some of us work so hard at trying to be healthy, with the odds stacked against us, while others seem to be able to do what they like and not suffer consequences.
But, you have had a good long stint following the first ablation and I'm sure you'll get a similar period following this touch-up.

Much love and appreciation for all that you've done to help and support me!
August 12, 2014 08:06AM
Hey, Jax! Been busy lately, but just saw this.

Healing beams being directly transmitted to you from FL to TX... for a full and speedy recovery.

We miss ya!

/L
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login