Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

7 1/2 years coming up!!

Posted by dnvrfox 
7 1/2 years coming up!!
January 26, 2013 12:25PM
7.5 years coming up since my Natale ablation. No meds except adult aspirin daily, went from 1 year of continuous 24/7 AFib to NSR for 7.5 years now.

I happened to click on this forum tonight and thought that, since I am here, I will give my about 6 months update.

In February it will be 7.5 years since my ablation with Natale after 1 year of 24/7 unstoppable AFib.

So, I was 73 in November. I am riding my trainer bike inside 30 minutes per day, about 30-45 minutes of swimming daily.

I do 150 pushups (3 x 50) pushups, bench presses, planks, curls, rows, have stated learning TRX, am doing a lot of balance exercises on the BOSU ball, balance board, etc., and a lot of stretching. About 120 minutes of exercise daily. I have gotten in a couple of 20 mile bicycle rides this year when weather and time permit.

I am still active in the gospel singing group I started 7 years ago,

www.xyzingers.info

and my advocacy activities continue. [www.pad-co.info]

I m writing this to provide hope to some of you, and to show that a good life can still go on in your 70's

Best of luck to all of you.

Denver
Re: 7 1/2 years coming up!!
January 26, 2013 12:38PM
Denver thanks for such an encouraging report. Dennis
January 26, 2013 03:24PM
Thanks for sharing! It really means alot to read a post like this, brought tears to my eyes, I love it!
January 27, 2013 10:51AM
Hello Denver!!! So good to see you posting and to see you continue to do so very well and enjoying life.. That's absolutely wonderful.

Jackie
January 27, 2013 12:39PM
Thank you for that good news story!

I have been on Tikosyn (dofetilide) 500ucg. twice a day since December 2011 and in NSR. They even had me wear a monitor for a whole month and phone in the results when it filled up. NO AFIB. Just some skipped beats. Yay!

NOW, just got a call from Dr. Verma's office to say that I would be getting called in shortly for a full examination to see if my left atrium was continuing to shrink to put me in place for an ablation, should I so choose.

Regretably, I believe that I am beginning to show side-effects of Tikosyn (dofetilide) - mainly a feeling of 'balloon-head' starting at a.m. and a feeling of 'electricity going through my muscles/nerves'... hard to explain, but the bottom line is that it took 2 hours to wear off in the beginning (it began a few months ago) and is not lasting half the day, along with occasional mild nausea.

If this is what it takes to remain in NSR, so be it, and I will put up with it as long as possible. However, more and more, I am thinking along the lines of ablation as soon as my left atrium shrinks to 'in range' for same. I was about 50mm when diagnosed with AFIB (which I believe I had suffered from for some years without diagnosis); I was at 60mm when started on Tikosyn and returned to NSR. Now down to 55mm and once I reach 50mm I think I am going to "clang the gong" and go ablation.

Your story is encouragement for those of us that were in aFIB 24/7 for some time. This all hinges on how long I can stick with Tikosyn (if that is the cause of the issue) and how well my LA shrinks... the larger it is, the less chance of success according to Dr. V.

Just out of curiousity, wondering about YOUR Left Atrium? What is the history of your LA enlargement? At diagnosis? At ablation? After ablation? THIS is the big issue with regards to MY ablation, else I would have gone the ablation route immediately on diagnosis.

Thanks again.

Murray

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
January 27, 2013 04:24PM
Atrium size was never an issue - never even discussed it with anyone, no one brought it up as a concern.
January 27, 2013 04:27PM
Hi Denver,

Great news from another grateful Natale alumni! Here's wishing another 7.5 years times at least 5 or more! And the TRX is a wonderfully simple and effective fitness tool, I take it with me everywhere when I travel as well.

Cheers Shannon
January 28, 2013 12:29AM
Denver,

Great to hear. I recall when you got your ablation. I'm a big TRX fan myself as well as a Colo. resident.

Keep it up!

George
January 31, 2013 01:39PM
Hey Denver and George,

I'm gradually getting past the Broncos loss to the Ravens when they had the game won only to give it back at the end of regulation time in the game, snatching defeat from the jaws of certain victory. Always a tough way to lose a big game they very much could and should have won.

Been a die hard Bronco fan for 45 years! As some consolation, the next couple years look bright for them with Manning at the helm and the strong younger team being built around him.

At least surviving that incredible exciting rollercoaster of a game with no flutter was good confirmation my LAA isolation ablation is solid :-)!

Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 01:40PM by Shannon.
January 31, 2013 08:08PM
Shannon,

Pretty funny.

My girlfriend and I were skiing that day. It was windy and frigid (below 0 F all day) so we didn't stay till the last chair (got back in time to where we were staying to watch the last quarter and the OT!). Glad Natale's work held up for you!!!

George
January 31, 2013 10:29PM
Shannon,

I am not a Bonco fan, but Peyton fan. The OT game proved that my ablation by Dr. N. works, at least for almost a year. grinning smiley

BillC
January 31, 2013 10:38PM
Shannon, George et. al.

My ablation will be tested in the Super Bowl with my 49ers (probably a bigger test for J. Harbaugh). I must say playoff sports does not equal good heart health.

Steve
January 31, 2013 11:28PM
Fantastic news Denver.
Congratulation on your fitness regimen!

Life flies by too quick, 7.5 years!
I remember your posts long long ago and that was in my OTHER LIFE when I had AF.
My true life started in 2007 in March, after second ablation in Bordeaux.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

All the best.
Regards,
Aldona.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login