Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

flecainide

Posted by Tom R. 
Tom R.
flecainide
January 11, 2007 02:55PM
I seem to have read about the use of flecainide often on this foru. But when I put it in the "search" function, I only came up with a hanful of messages. Am I doing something wrong?

My question had to do with its uses and possible successes and dangers, since my cardiologist today put me on the medication (5o mg. twice a day).

Thanks ahead for any help.
Tom R.
Tom R.
Re: flecainide
January 11, 2007 03:47PM
Hi all, I'm replying to my own message. Figured out that I had to key my search to ALL forums. Sorry for the original message.

It does seem that the flec helps some and does nothing or worse for others.

Tom R.
PeggyM
January 11, 2007 07:36PM
Tom, as far as i know that 'search all forums' command does not operate. Good for you for researching in the archived forums, they are a goldmine of useful and interesting url's and practical firsthand experience. Go to each one via the button marked Archived Bulletin Boards and click on search once you have brought up the one you want to search in. This current forum has only a few posts in it for 2 reasons. The biggest one is that it was just started about new year's day. A contributing cause is that in Hans' absence someone unfamiliar has been trying to fix something in it, and has inadvertently erased several days' posts. Hans is expected back Feb 1, i think, and i hope he can resurrect these messages.

Luck to you.

PeggyM
Russ mix/36/35(wmm)
January 11, 2007 11:25PM
Tom,

I think you'll find that to be the case for any antiarrhythmic medication. Some folks swear by it, others wouldn't touch it. The medicine game with atrial fib is truly hit-or-miss and you just have to try things to see if they work. I know that sounds a little crazy and is a bit frustrating but it really is the only option.

The only medication that has any reasonable consensus surrounding it is the dread amiodarone. It seems to have a higher success rate, but the dangers of taking it are generally acreed upon.

Russ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login