Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Double beats ?

Posted by SueChef 
Double beats ?
March 10, 2024 04:43AM
I’m not sure how much you can see on my Kardia screenshots. attached.
This is something totally new to me, having a ‘double’ heartbeat and then a regular one and then another regular one and then a double one.
If I can describe it, it’s like this:
beat…..beat….. beat..beat…..beat…..beat…..beat..beat

Things seem to have resolved, knock wood, with my evening medication but what the heck is this double heartbeat that I can feel, & see on my pulse ox thing.
A couple of my other Kardia read-outs this evening stated “unclassified” and other samples labeled ‘possible atrial fibrillation.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2024 04:51AM by SueChef.
Attachments:
open | download - 0295C793-6A14-4D29-BD7E-96A2983B1275.png (239.4 KB)
Re: Double beats ?
March 10, 2024 10:59AM
Cannot tell from the ekg unless you expand it. But if you're getting a pattern of ectopics after two regular beats, that would be Trigeminy. If Trigeminy, very possible it confused the Kardia into thinking you had afib. Best to show the ekg to your ep for a definitive diagnosis.

Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2024 11:01AM by mjamesone.
March 10, 2024 02:00PM
Regular pattern and there's a defined P-wave, so not AF. I haven't learned about bigeminy and trigeminy....yet. But I think Jim must have it.
March 10, 2024 03:55PM
Thank you both for ringing in here!
March 10, 2024 10:28PM
PACs? Cardia can't identify PACs and often indicates possible afib,
March 10, 2024 11:08PM
Looks like bigeminy to me but with only 1.5 seconds of strip available, impossible to know what happens next. But whether it's bigeminy or trigeminy doesn't matter much. It's not clinically significant. It's just ectopy doing what ectopy does.

When you post an ECG, please post the whole thing, not just a brief glimpse. It's really important to see at least 10-15 seconds.
March 10, 2024 11:50PM
Thanks Carey, I don’t know how to do that, but I’m sure there’s a YouTube video about I. I’ve just been doing screenshots. I’m not all that technologically “with it.”
Sue
UPDATE—. I’ve been trying & trying & watching videos & cannot figure it out, how to send a download pdf. I have an old iPhone7, maybe that’s why? I’m so frustrated & feeling not real smart either. The most recent Kardia reading I took was like this, for 30 a second reading, results 60 bpm “possible atrial fibrillation” and a lot of “back to back” beats, I’m not sure how to describe it.
beat beat beat beat beat beat beat beat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2024 01:59AM by SueChef.
March 11, 2024 04:01AM
I think the problem is you're taking the screenshot of only the preview.

Try this. (1) click on the preview.; (2) then scroll down and click on"download pdf"; (3) then click on "skip" or enter a password if necessary, and then click on "next"
(4) scroll down a little and now you will see the entire EKG; (5) now take your screenshott; (6) edit out any personal information; (7) now you can post it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2024 04:05AM by mjamesone.
March 11, 2024 11:28AM
mjamesone

Try this. (1) click on the preview.; (2) then scroll down and click on"download pdf"; (3) then click on "skip" or enter a password if necessary, and then click on "next"
(4) scroll down a little and now you will see the entire EKG; (5) now take your screenshott; (6) edit out any personal information; (7) now you can post it.

Thanks! I’ll try this on a new thread.
March 11, 2024 11:42AM
These instructions are for the Iphone app, but hopefully the concept will work with Android and/or with your computer. The key is to get a visual of the complete ekg before you take the screenshot. This is best done with the PDF file. Alternatively, you might be able to upload the PDF file here, but might be more complicated.

Jim
March 11, 2024 01:13PM
mjamesone

I also have an iPhone 7 and I follow these step but then, instead of taking a screenshot, hit the share button and then “save to files” so that I can then attach it to an email or somewhere else.
March 11, 2024 01:37PM
Daisy
I also have an iPhone 7 and I follow these step but then, instead of taking a screenshot, hit the share button and then “save to files” so that I can then attach it to an email or somewhere else.

Are you using the updated Kardia app version 5.36.0? (go to "settings" then "about kardia")? My software does not have a universal share button, but only "download pdf", "share with inner circle", "order a clinician review" and "speak to a cardiologist". However, since I have the paid subscription plan, it might be different.

In any event, with my software version, once you choose "download pdf" you can then -- save-to-files, email, text, etc, using the share icon (square with up arrow) in the lower left hand corner.

Jim
March 11, 2024 02:01PM
mjamesone
My software does not have a universal share button, but only "download pdf", "share with inner circle", "order a clinician review" and "speak to a cardiologist". However, since I have the paid subscription plan, it might be different.

In any event, with my software version, once you choose "download pdf" you can then -- save-to-files, email, text, etc, using the share icon (square with up arrow) in the lower left hand corner.
Jim

Mine is the same as yours and I also have the subscription version though I was grandfathered into it because of when I purchased Kardia.
March 11, 2024 05:29PM
Jim and Daisy, you give me waaaay more credit for knowing how to do this stuff. smiling bouncing smiley
I can't even find what version I have using Settings and About Kardia... as for options available like share or pdf etc, I'm muddling through it.

UPDATE: I emailed my EP last night and he replied this morning, saying one tracing looks like it is normal rhythm, the others could be atrial fibrillation or could just be some PVCs.

He asked if I wanted to do another event monitor and he'd be glad to put in the order for me. I said yes.

Thank you again!
Sue
March 11, 2024 08:52PM
SueChef
Jim and Daisy, you give me waaaay more credit for knowing how to do this stuff. smiling bouncing smiley
I can't even find what version I have using Settings and About Kardia... as for options available like share or pdf etc, I'm muddling through it.

I agree, they could have made the process easier. I have done my share of head scratching on this. I had to figure it out as after my ablation, I had to send a weekly Kardia reading to my EP.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login