Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ablation didn’t work?

Posted by BrianJ 
Ablation didn’t work?
February 16, 2024 07:18AM
Had my first ablation in 2016 for Afib, that worked for a little over 6 years, then I developed atrial flutter. Had my second ablation back in September for that. But now I’m experiencing like an extra beat or something , I can see it when I do an ekg on my Kardia and Apple Watch. It comes and goes, doesn’t really do it all the time. I’m guessing the ablation is wearing off. Do I have a third one? When do you draw the line on how many ablations to have. I’m starting to just want to give up.

Re: Ablation didn’t work?
February 16, 2024 08:07AM
Hey Brian,

I've attached a redacted version of your ECG. Suggest you edit your post and replace your PDF with the redacted version that doesn't have identifying info.

On the number of ablations, see Carey's post here. The takeaway is to use the best EP you can to get the highest probability of success.

Looking at your ECG, all I see are 3 PAC's. Looks like good p waves and consistent rhythm, except for the PAC's, which are benign.

George

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2024 08:11AM by GeorgeN.
Attachments:
open | download - Health - ECG 2024-02-16 at 06.15.pdf (194 KB)
February 16, 2024 08:37AM
Thanks George
February 16, 2024 10:28AM
Your ablation is not wearing off. That's just a few PACs, which are annoying, but they don't signal that your ablation has failed. You're not in afib and there's no reason for you to be considering a third ablation.
February 16, 2024 10:49AM
Thanks it’s only been about six months since my second ablation, I guess you can say I’m a little gun shy . Any wrong beat and I start worrying lol
February 18, 2024 02:15PM
I just had a second ablation due to atrial flutter out of control, I had my first ablation about 3-1/2 months ago never felt well after the first one. I was put on flecainide after the 1st ablation but the doctor said it was causing atrial flutter and to stop taking it, I had taken it the full 3 months. Now after this 2nd ablation the doctor wants me to take fecainide again for 1 month, I am very hesitant to do this and just take metoprolol, I am having lots of palpitations but I am only 2 days post ablation. I really worry taking flecainide if it caused my flutter. I had a different doctor do my 2nd ablation and he knows it gave me problems but wants me to take it anyway? I do not know what to do?
February 18, 2024 04:34PM
Extremely unlikely that flecainide caused your flutter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login