Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Berberine and Eliquis - do they interact?

Posted by tobherd 
Berberine and Eliquis - do they interact?
January 12, 2024 03:08PM
Has anyone tried Berberine to help with weight management and glucose levels, AND is also taking Eliquis? I"m having trouble getting an answer as to whether this combination is a problem or not. I am on a low dose of Eliquis (2.5 mg/BID)

Anyone? ~ Barb
Re: Berberine and Eliquis - do they interact?
January 12, 2024 03:26PM
the best thing you can do is find a pharmacist on your cardiac team. They exist. The one I have had help with a few times had reasonable answers on supplements. I hear ya on figuring out what to do with supplements!
January 14, 2024 08:01PM
Thanks Bettylou - I'll see if I can find a pharmacist in my cardiologist's group. My usual pharmacist had never heard of Berberine.....

I was hoping Carey or Shannon would hop on with some possible insights, but haven't heard from them.

Be well ~ Barb
January 14, 2024 11:00PM
Sorry, but I really don't know much about berberine. And frankly, I'm rather skeptical of supplements in general.
January 21, 2024 08:44PM
Thanks Carey. I have to agree with you on most supplements, as their efficacy and absorption rate are pretty poor. However, I've learned a great deal over the years about them in general, and know which ones to trust and which ones actually make a difference. Berberine has a long history in Chinese medicine, for one. It's a new one for me though.

Here's an interesting article on Berberine by the Cleveland Clinic.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/berberine-for-insulin-resistance-weight-loss
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login