Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natural Alternatives to Aspirin for Watchman Implant Patients?

Posted by tvanslooten 
Natural Alternatives to Aspirin for Watchman Implant Patients?
January 13, 2024 10:56AM
I've been given the green light by Dr. Natale to stop my Eliquis and to switch to a baby aspirin once every other day (presumably for the rest of my life). Dr. Natale put my Watchman in about 8 months ago.

I've never taken aspirin before and I'm reading about all the bleeding risks from long term use and how it can really mess up your stomach, etc. I already have a few issues going on with my stomach so I'm not too thrilled about taking something that might make things worse.

Given such a low dose of aspirin, and given I only have to take it every other day, I have to believe there are supplements I could take instead that will provide the same anti platelet protection that a baby aspirin would provide. Natto, fish oil, vitamin e, turmeric, etc. These are all supplements I take anyway (in very small doses since I've been on Eliquis). I could easily ramp them up and take them at the levels I used to take prior to going on the Eliquis. I have to believe they would be just as effective as aspirin.

I know many in here are fans of staying on a low dose of Eliquis instead of taking aspirin. I spent a lot of money having the Watchman put in so I could avoid taking Eliquis. I also developed an issue with my eye due to the Eliquis so I definitely want to come off of it. I'm just not comfortable taking aspirin either. Trying to figure this stuff out...

Travis

P.S. If anyone has any ideas but doesn't want to post them publicly, feel free to private message me.
Re: Natural Alternatives to Aspirin for Watchman Implant Patients?
January 13, 2024 11:14AM
Hey Travis,

It has been a while, but the afibbers.org board's founder, the late Hans Larsen has a book on this stuff: [www.amazon.com] He had me review this 3rd edition in 2018, so it has been a while, but may give you ideas.
Re: Natural Alternatives to Aspirin for Watchman Implant Patients?
January 14, 2024 01:11PM
Thanks George! I just ordered a copy.

Travis

GeorgeN
Hey Travis,

It has been a while, but the afibbers.org board's founder, the late Hans Larsen has a book on this stuff: [www.amazon.com] He had me review this 3rd edition in 2018, so it has been a while, but may give you ideas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login