Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natale Ablation #2

Posted by LLA 
LLA
Natale Ablation #2
May 25, 2023 10:00PM
Last week I traveled to Austin for my second ablation with Dr Natale, a "touch up" ablation as they call it. My first one almost a year ago had been done at Los Robles in CA, so this was a different experience. I had been somewhat anxious about the travel aspects of the trip, but not the procedure itself. But the travel part went well, as the Austin Airport was nice and so was the Holiday Inn Midtown. The best part was St David's Medical Center though. From the minute I was admitted, I felt at ease and knew I was in good hands. The staff, the room, the care, and the food were all first class.
It only took 8 minutes of RF ablation for Dr Natale to stop the trouble spots that had been causing my flutter and/or SVT for the last several months. Fortunately he was also able to implant the Watchman after that.
It's such a relief to have it done, plus now only needing to take half as much Eliquis as a bonus. Heart rate is slow and steady. Although still somewhat tired, I'm feeling much better and back to walking without getting short of breath. And an unexpected result is not getting upset by little things as much now!
Thanks to everyone who gave a preview of what it was like to go there. Best advice!

~ Linda
Re: Natale Ablation #2
May 25, 2023 11:41PM
Great news. Best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery.
May 25, 2023 11:48PM
Glad it worked out so well for you. St. David's really is a unique hospital experience and Natale's finesse is impressive as hell.
May 26, 2023 01:13PM
So glad that it went so well for you. It must be a big relief to have the Watchman in place. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2023 01:14PM by Daisy.
May 26, 2023 05:36PM
Glad it all worked out for you.

Why did you go to Austin instead of Los Robles?
LLA
May 27, 2023 02:18AM
Thank you all for the good wishes.
I decided to go to Austin because I could get on the schedule sooner than at Los Robles. I was so tired of going to the ER for episodes of flutter or SVT that were hard to get under control otherwise.
Also I had read such good things on the forum about the excellent EP lab at TCAI, it made me want to go there. I hadn't flown anywhere since before the pandemic, so fortunately had enough points saved up to make the trip.

~ Linda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login