Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Schedule a ablation.

Posted by hikerjim 
Schedule a ablation.
January 30, 2023 03:25PM
I've had proximal a fib for about 13 years. About 9 years ago, I had cyrobaloon ablation done at Ceders Sinai in Los Angeles. I was a fib free for about 2 years. Now , it a weekly thing. I'm looking at either doing it again at Ceders or possibly Dr. Natale when he comes to thousand oaks for the month.Any suggestions? Other than the darn a fib, I'm very active hiking and cross country skiing. Also, looking for a yone that had ablation done at Ceders Sinai in Los Angeles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2023 05:25PM by hikerjim.
Re: Schedule a ablation.
January 30, 2023 03:35PM
I can vouche for Dr Natale. Period
January 30, 2023 04:05PM
Thanks. I was just wondering if I had issues, he's only in California 3 days a month and very busy.
January 30, 2023 04:35PM
hikerjim
I've had proximal a fib for about 13 years. About 9 years ago, I had cyrobaloon ablation done at Ceders Sinai in Los Angeles. I was a fib free for about 2 years. Now , it a weekly thing. I'm looking at either doing it again at Ceders or possibly Dr. Natale when he comes to thousand oaks for the month.Any suggestions? Other than the darn a fib, I'm very active hiking and cross country skiing.

Hi Jim,

A friend who has had Dr. Natale at Los Robles said the support staff there was not helpful and not at the same level as Austin, My friend said if they had it to do over again, they would go to Austin. Another friend, who lives in Florida, just had an ablation in Austin last week with Dr. N and said the care was superb.
January 30, 2023 04:36PM
Thanks George. Your the second who said the same thing.
January 30, 2023 06:31PM
If I were you, I'd schedule the procedure with Natale in Austin. I wouldn't spend 1 millisecond debating that decision.
February 01, 2023 02:46AM
Natale also comes to Scripps in LA Jolla 2 days a month.
February 01, 2023 09:11AM
I had an ablation with LAA tieoff by Natale at Los Robles in Thousand Oaks and the whole procedure went smoothly with excellent care.

The hospital is newer than most, smaller, easy to navigate and responsive. The staff is professional and concerned.

Natale's NP there, Kelley, is easy to contact and reliably responsive.

Should I need another, I'd go back there.

Susan D. has had much more time and involvement at both Los Robles and Cedars in that area and might weigh in on this issue.
February 01, 2023 03:26PM
ggheld

Susan D. has had much more time and involvement at both Los Robles and Cedars in that area and might weigh in on this issue.

If I had to go back in time and do it again, 100% I would get it done in Austin. Austin has rotating NPs on continuous duty so there won’t be a gap to get needed care. I do know the Robles hospital system unfortunately quite well. I have the dietary supervisor phone number as a contact. The kitchen bends over backwards in feeding their patients. I was admitted 12 times in November alone and between 10-21 to 1-22 I was admitted or in the er or icu weekly except for news years weekend when I was home. I’ve been to the Cath lab 7 times. I know everyone . They all stopped in to ask what my ecv count was (54). Robles offers private rooms and excellent attention that would motivate someone to choose this facility. But geography convenient only takes you so far . Dr Natale did say his Austin’s imaging equipment is superior.

And yes I was a frequent flyer at Cedars as well. I’m not a fan of their ER but their ICU saved my life. Best ICU ever at Cedars (i unfortunately can compare 4 hospital’s units in multiple countries). I didn’t care for the attention nor food while admitted at Cedars and try not to visit or eat out in the vicinity because I prefer never to return there. I can however recommend excellent cardiologists at cedars. Top experienced doctors. Pro at cedars is all private rooms but because of the pandemic they run out out of rooms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2023 03:34PM by susan.d.
February 01, 2023 06:03PM
You have a private room at St. David’s in Austin too—and great care and great food.
February 01, 2023 08:12PM
True! But better yet is the superior state of the Cath lab. I’m told the imaging equipment is better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2023 11:05PM by susan.d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login