Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

chronotropic incompetence

Posted by bettylou4488 
chronotropic incompetence
November 12, 2022 07:28PM
Anyone on here deal with chronotropic incompetence? I searched on the forum and also in google with "afibbers chronotropic incompetence." Came up with one small hit. I can ask more questions but first wondering if anyone is familiar with it.. deals with it. Have some up coming appts. Trying to see if the meds are doing this. If anyone has a newer pacemaker that ebbs and flows and gets your heart rate up during exercise. How they diagnosed. Was it after an ablation. That sort of thing. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2022 07:29PM by bettylou4488.
Re: chronotropic incompetence
November 12, 2022 11:43PM
Let me offer you (and everyone else) a handy tip. When you want to search this forum, don't just enter your search terms in the box. Doing that will only search 30 days back. Click the "advanced" link beneath the search box then enter your search terms on that page. Then go to the bottom of that page and change "Last 30 days" to "All dates."

This is what I found when I did that searching for the word "chronotropic."
November 13, 2022 09:53AM
thanks Carey! I thought I was all smart using google to search for it LOL. But that is very handy.

Carey
Let me offer you (and everyone else) a handy tip. When you want to search this forum, don't just enter your search terms in the box. Doing that will only search 30 days back. Click the "advanced" link beneath the search box then enter your search terms on that page. Then go to the bottom of that page and change "Last 30 days" to "All dates."

This is what I found when I did that searching for the word "chronotropic."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2022 09:54AM by bettylou4488.
November 13, 2022 10:57AM
bettylou4488
Anyone on here deal with chronotropic incompetence? I searched on the forum and also in google with "afibbers chronotropic incompetence." Came up with one small hit. I can ask more questions but first wondering if anyone is familiar with it.. deals with it. Have some up coming appts. Trying to see if the meds are doing this. If anyone has a newer pacemaker that ebbs and flows and gets your heart rate up during exercise. How they diagnosed. Was it after an ablation. That sort of thing. Thanks

I was diagnosed with chronotropic incompetence after several treadmill stress tests. I also had sick sinus syndrome and was given a pacemaker about 4 years ago. They can set your pacemaker to adjust to exercise but I don’t remember the technical details. I was taking a moderate dose of Flecainide and a very lose dose (5 mg) of propranolol at the time.
November 13, 2022 11:15AM
bettylou4488
I thought I was all smart using google to search for it LOL.

A Google search is an idea that will work for many sites. It will work for ours, for things like the Conference Room Proceedings. Google doesn't seem to index the forum part of our site. I don't know if this can be rectified. The reason to rectify is that then our site would show up in general Google searches for a specific topic, giving our site much more visibility. This is something for @Shannon & @Carey to discus. I know in another group that I'm a moderator in, when our forum was exposed to Google indexing (I wasn't involved in the technical details of how this was done), the number of visits increased dramatically. I thought that Google searching used to work on our forum, but I may be misremembering.
November 13, 2022 12:28PM
on the searching I have been able to find symptoms in the past with google. I even searched by betlylou2288 when looking for something I had posted. But obviously it isn't that great a way to do it because I couldn't find much on google that way.

the above link doesn't have a whole lot in the archives either and what there is, is over a decade old- so if anyone has anything new- that would be super. One person said the ablations can cause it. So there's that.

I don't have a pacemaker... and I was just looking up the Bruce Protocol on the treadmill test. No way I could do that (I have in the past), but doing a nuclear I don't see how that works to get at Chronotropic incompetence diagnosis. I am hoping the echo, EKG and Zio will be enough to decipher something.

I know someone on here said it took them a year to recover from their ablation. I know that is highly unusual though. IDK. (Mine waxes and wanes.. so I just don't 'know if this is fully heart related).
November 13, 2022 01:13PM
bettylou4488
One person said the ablations can cause it. So there's that.

I don't have a pacemaker... and I was just looking up the Bruce Protocol on the treadmill test. No way I could do that (I have in the past), but doing a nuclear I don't see how that works to get at Chronotropic incompetence diagnosis. I am hoping the echo, EKG and Zio will be enough to decipher something.

Well, I was diagnosed with chronotropic incompetence BEFORE having an ablation and didn’t have to do anything like the Bruce protocol to be given the diagnosis.
November 13, 2022 02:07PM
Daisy

Well, I was diagnosed with chronotropic incompetence BEFORE having an ablation and didn’t have to do anything like the Bruce protocol to be given the diagnosis.

how did they diagnose you? I'm looking for another test perhaps that would indicate what is going on.
November 13, 2022 02:09PM
See my post above—multiple treadmill stress tests.
November 13, 2022 03:03PM
Daisy

Sorry I mis understood because the Bruce Protocol is a treadmill test. A protocol they use on the treadmill tests. I've been googling today so it was just in my head. So you probably did have the Bruce protocol on the treadmill. (basically it is how fast and how much incline and how long etc.. )
November 13, 2022 04:24PM
bettylou4488

Sorry I mis understood because the Bruce Protocol is a treadmill test. A protocol they use on the treadmill tests. I've been googling today so it was just in my head. So you probably did have the Bruce protocol on the treadmill. (basically it is how fast and how much incline and how long etc.. )

They just had me walk on the treadmill until I reached a rate and incline that I perceived as my max. I did not come anywhere near the expected heart rate. They didn’t mention the term Bruce Protocol, but maybe it was!
November 13, 2022 05:07PM
I don't think the specific protocol matters, especially in the case of chronotropic incompetence. What they will observe is when the speed or the grade increases your heart rate doesn't.
November 13, 2022 05:19PM
GeorgeN
Google doesn't seem to index the forum part of our site. I don't know if this can be rectified. The reason to rectify is that then our site would show up in general Google searches for a specific topic, giving our site much more visibility. This is something for @Shannon & @Carey to discus.

We've discussed the need for search engine optimization and we intend to address that, but this is something different and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I never noticed because I use the forum search feature. It appears that google did index the forum but stopped sometime after 2019. I'm guessing the site modernization is the culprit and we need to investigate that and reopen the forum to google.

Google can and will search the forum if you put afibbers.org in the search terms, but most people won't do that.

Anyway, this is something we need to fix ASAP.
November 13, 2022 05:38PM
Carey
Google can and will search the forum if you put afibbers.org in the search terms, but most people won't do that.

Didn't work for me when I tried it. I searched the forum with just afibbers.org. Then tried with https: //www. afibbers.org / forum/list.php?9 {spaces added} Still no hits. Used these arguments with and without the site: argument in the search. As mentioned, you can find the Conference Proceedings with this approach, which is linked directly below afibbers.org not in the forum/lis.php, like this: https: //research .afibbers.org /research/conference-archives {spaces added}

{edit} Searching on GeorgeN brings up some hits, but I've got like 3,600 posts and just a couple of pages. If I search on something specific, most of the posts don't show up. If I use site:afibbers.org it is a tiny bit better, but not much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2022 08:38PM by GeorgeN.
November 13, 2022 10:46PM
Hmmm, well putting the site name in the search worked for me the few times I tested it, but yeah, google isn't indexing the site as it should and hasn't been for a while. We'll get that fixed. This forum is a huge trove of information that ought to be available to the public.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login