Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Today is my 1 Yr Anniversary- Natale Ablation 8-6-21

Posted by Poppino 
Today is my 1 Yr Anniversary- Natale Ablation 8-6-21
August 06, 2022 07:08PM
Last August Dr Natale ablated me in Austin for atypical flutter. The LAA was isolated. So we waited 6 months & i went back 2/16/22 for my Watchman. My TEE was 3/31 here in Charlotte NC. One year of zero flutter. I did have a 3 hour afib 3 weeks after his ablation. So basically ive had nothing which includes a rather rough Covid 12/29-1/8
I had a failed ablation on 3/29/21 here so Shannon guided me to Austin. My great thanks to he Carey & Jackie for baby sitting me thru a few freakout moments lol. My 2021 was not fun but wow what a difference now. My Watchman shows to be perfect. Im 69 fit but 69
Dr Natale was absolutely everything i coulda hoped for. My EP here was totally supportive.
It’s laughable but the only thing that’s different is my RHR is 58-62 when it use to be 70-74?? After covid it became 78-82. Then May June is dropped and i only take 40 mg of propananol. Not sure i even need it?
Covid screwed me up some. No doubt. But all in all like Dr Natale told me the morning after: “you worry too much, i got rid of your flutter”
Re: Today is my 1 Yr Anniversary- Natale Ablation 8-6-21
August 06, 2022 07:27PM
Poppino
But all in all like Dr Natale told me the morning after: “you worry too much, i got rid of your flutter”

Congratulations, and thanks for your message. I am up for a Natale ablation soon and as a first-timer, I am reading everyone's ablation stories with great interest. I really like his comment!
August 06, 2022 07:39PM
Daisy wether u want me too or not lol Ill Pray for you. Dr Natale is a special human being. VERY
Youll be fine.
August 06, 2022 08:27PM
Poppino
Daisy wether u want me too or not lol Ill Pray for you. Dr Natale is a special human being. VERY
Youll be fine.

Thank you! I did have a FaceTime consult with him a couple of days ago and he told me that my history of mitral valve disease (severe regurgitation repaired with a MitraClip) might mean that I would need more aggressive ablation work. I also spoke with his NP Shannon and she was very helpful about what to expect.

All of you Natale-ablation-graduates are so helpful to those of us preparing, so thanks.
August 06, 2022 08:47PM
Great news Tom!
August 06, 2022 09:01PM
Thanks Goerge . Daisy i will say: Shannon his NP
Is tremendous! Very smart & conveyed a few thinga to me that really helped. After my Watchman 2/16. And covid in jan my RHR had gone up. Dr Natale in his brilliance told me: its your autanomic nervous system. 5 mins later Shannon came to my ear and softly said: go home. Exercise. Get in the sun. Laugh. Holy cow. Mind - Body stuff. I did it. Now my RHR us 57-62. Dr Natale had seen covid patients and seen heart rate increases. He basically told me id been traumatized which i had. Im a type A wired perfectionist and like all heard all the covid horror stories. I was set up for fear which triggered some Long Covid?
August 07, 2022 02:32AM
It's always pleasant reading from people being fine after ablations. Thanks for sharing !
August 07, 2022 08:49AM
Tom - Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!
I had no doubt that you'd be fine...especially, with Dr. Natale's renowned expertise.
He's certainly my hero and, indeed, is a very special human being.

Glad to offer you support because that's exactly what I experienced many
years ago when I discovered what Hans offered to afibbers via this treasure/website.
I look forward to more conversations with you.

Now, enjoy life with your peaceful heart.
Sincerely,
Jackie
August 07, 2022 10:18AM
Great POP....i remember talking to you a lot before + after your procedures.
Maybe the best part of getting out of Afib or Flutter jail/hell (i would add PAC'S also if you get enough a day like 20k or so) is the peace of mind from the neck up right POP?
1 last thing.....your right saying maybe you don't need your 40mg per day propananol. I strongly say stop TODAY or taper off however that drug works + see how you feel in the next few days + beyond....you can always start it again if nes..... it is not like it is an on or off choice now + your stuck with that forever. Considering how well you are doing this is a no brainer to me to at least give it a trial time OFF ANY DRUG.

Let us know how your doing next week if you go full natural.

GL
August 07, 2022 12:40PM
Thanks for that GL. I already reduced it to 30 mg yesterday. From 40. Ive taken it for several yrs mostly for adrenaline and BP. But now my RHR is lower and so is BP. I dont know what the hell happened? I get a pac maybe once a day or a few bur sone days none. Appreciate your input as always
August 07, 2022 11:23PM
“Thank you! I did have a FaceTime consult with him a couple of days ago and he told me that my history of mitral valve disease (severe regurgitation repaired with a MitraClip) might mean that I would need more aggressive ablation work.”

Why would this be?
August 07, 2022 11:37PM
Mark
Why would this be?

He just said that this was his experience. Maybe someone else could elaborate.
August 07, 2022 11:59PM
thank you all for posting your experiences with Dr. Natale, as I am scheduled for an ablation in 3 days and have some anxiety about it.
August 08, 2022 09:23AM
SHS64 in 2 days think of it this way you are the fresh canvas sitting on an easel + Rembrandt is about to apply a painting on you.
It sounds like his radar is up with you + that is a good thing as he will be very complete in his actions so you will get the complete going over by the most trusted artist out there. Frankly you don't know how lucky you are.
Show up with bells + whistles on + enjoy Rembrandt's complete + 2nd to none talents.
I would wish you luck but you don't need it.
August 08, 2022 11:22PM
Best wishes also.
August 08, 2022 11:49PM
Happy anniversary!

My 5th is coming up later this month, something you can look forward to.
August 12, 2022 07:58AM
Great news Tom and a very Happy Anniversary. smileys with beer
I remember reading your posts back when it was all seemingly going haywire for you, and thinking how much this condition gets into our psyche and tends to rule our lives.
We are fortunate there are some excellent practitioners out there.

I too am feeling hopeful, although I’m just a month out from a couple of CVS for 11 days and 9 days of flutter, and my second Ablation.
All is reasonably quiet. So so far so good.
I’m an oldie, and I felt I was going to have to live with this awful AF forever. I’ve probably had it for most of my life, looking back, but diagnosed 25 years ago.
Nothing done until I met my new Cardiologist and my special EP. Amazing not to be taking my pulse every minute😝 but now every half hour😛. I’m almost a believer
Life ahead looks promising.

Blessed be Sinus Rhythm.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2022 08:01AM by JoyWin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login