Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Muscle fatigue

Posted by Geocappy 
Muscle fatigue
August 05, 2022 12:31PM
Hoping to get more insight from this brilliant forum.

Does anybody out there feel muscle fatigue as a symptom of afib. I seem to have a fatigue that happens when I exert my muscles. I am not talking about strenuous exercise or work. I am talking about quick fatigue from chewing (neck and jaws) holding head up at times after moving it around, arms after bending over or climbing couple flight of stairs.

Trying to determine if heart (in general), afib(been in NSR 5-6 months wit meds), meds themselves (been on Flec/metoprolol-max dose 6months), diabetes (metformin/ozempic 6yrs), sleep apnea (cpap therapy 6 years). Important to note this has happened mostly in just past year. Also noticed some muscle issues after covid a year ago that primarily attacked my muscle (no other flu symptoms) with pain and fever.

Just wondering if the heart keeps deteriorating while on meds and in NSR?
Re: Muscle fatigue
August 05, 2022 03:55PM
Sounds more like long covid to me. If you're in NSR you would experience fatigue at the same level as if you never had AF or as you experienced it pre-covid. Timing is everything. If the symptoms are unique to post covid then it's safe to assume long covid. Next problem - what to do about that.
August 05, 2022 04:14PM
Yes long covid is interesting because aside from the small muscle issues (even muscle fatigue im hand and fingers when doing a scratch off ticket) I have had larger muscle tightness and soreness since I had covid last August. I had heard of long covid cases where covid attacked nerves which in turn wreaked havoc on muscles. My old primary care doctor spent 6mos in ICU as covid attacked nerves and he ended up strapped in a wheel chair after losing 70% of his muscle strength
August 05, 2022 09:22PM
If you read accounts of long covid, many people have had the same results in testing - O2 levels are fine, ejection fraction is fine, etc - yet this fatigue sets in very fast.

Have you noticed that you have the ability to lift the same amount e.g. bench press 100lbs, but not the ability to do 25 reps of that amount?

Taking naps or days to recover from active days?

PASC fatigue linked to thrombotic microangiopathy, diffuse intravascular coagulation and large-vessel thrombosis.
Hypercoagulability is an increasingly recognized complication of COVID-19 infection, and anticoagulation has become central in the comprehensive COVID-19 management. Significant anomalous (amyloid) microclot formation that are resistant to fibrinolysis, increased α2AP and the surge of acute phase inflammatory molecules, may therefore be central contributors in the multiple coagulation/fibrinolysis pathophysiology of both COVID-19 infection and its lingering phenotype, Long COVID/PASC.

[cardiab.biomedcentral.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login