Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

*** FORUM PROBLEMS ***

Posted by Poppino 
*** FORUM PROBLEMS ***
April 11, 2022 08:49AM
For maybe a week i saw no new posts. Then yesterday it repopulated! Back to normal. Jackie has emailed me that she is having the same issue
I sent her a screen shot of this mornings current look. Its not what she sees? She is only seeing posts thru 4-5-22. So any help would be appreciated
Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2022 04:14PM by Carey.
Re: Jackie cannot see Current Posts (when opening site)??
April 11, 2022 10:38AM
Others have noted similar issues, including me. So we rebooted the server just a few minutes ago. Things should be back to normal but I recommend reloading the page in your browser.
April 11, 2022 11:46AM
Now working for me again, however the new messages are no longer highlighted like they have been previously.

Thanks.
April 11, 2022 04:13PM
There have been issues involving caching all day. These issues are causing strange things like messages not being visible for some people while others can see them. It's not clear whether these issues are the Phorum software, which makes it our problem, or the server itself, which makes it our web host's problem.

We're working on it. All I can say is be patient and the reload button is your friend. When you go to the forum list, hit reload. When you open a thread, hit reload again. Make that a habit until we get this cleared up.
Re: *** FORUM PROBLEMS ***
April 11, 2022 07:30PM
I played with this issue on a number of browsers and operating systems yesterday (both PC & Mac). Haven't fixed my phone yet. I got to the place where if I was logged out, it would give me an error trying to log back in on many of the browsers. Seemed to have just solved this on Chrome on my Mac, by going into browser preferences then clearing the cache for all time (an hour is the default,which was not long enough).

Went over to Safari, which I haven't used since yesterday and was not working well then. It is now, without my doing anything special.

Including seeing my sentence above, being able to log in and edit this post by typing this sentence.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2022 07:34PM by GeorgeN.
April 12, 2022 07:55AM
Thanks, Tom. This morning, it appears as if all is back to normal.

Jackie
April 13, 2022 03:42AM
It doesn't sound like the Phorum software to me. You've been using this software for several years and this sort of bug has not presented before. I never had an issue. The inconsistency makes me think it's with the host/server connection downstream to the user.
April 13, 2022 06:57AM
The Yellow AF button has not be working since. It just brings me to the AF or General health links.
April 13, 2022 10:09AM
Todd
The Yellow AF button has not be working since. It just brings me to the AF or General health links.

I'm not sure what you mean by "yellow AF button."
April 13, 2022 12:20PM
Carey

I'm not sure what you mean by "yellow AF button."

Perhaps the upper middle button in the two rows of three below:
Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

That button links to this address: [www.afibbers.org]
which allows you to select between the afibbers forum or general health.
April 13, 2022 02:16PM
Well, that button works fine for me. Hard to imagine how a caching problem could break a button like that.
April 14, 2022 11:14AM
Still having problems seeing current posts... So, if I'm not responding, please send a PM so we can communicate that way. I'm attempting to get the fix via customer service with Earthlink, but still can't connect to discuss the problem.

Best to all,
Jackie
Ken
April 14, 2022 11:44AM
You are probably aware that clearing posts that have been read is a problem. When I open the forum, I have to refresh, but that doesn't clear all the read posts. When I go to unread posts and open a particular thread, I have to refresh again to clear posts that have been read previously.

I am sure you will get it all sorted out - good luck.
April 14, 2022 09:20PM
Jackie
Still having problems seeing current posts... So, if I'm not responding, please send a PM so we can communicate that way. I'm attempting to get the fix via customer service with Earthlink, but still can't connect to discuss the problem.

I assume Earthlink is your ISP, but there's nothing they can do for you. I believe this to be a problem with our web host and they're unwilling to reboot the server because we use shared hosting and that would reboot about 2000 web sites. We're going to fix that shared hosting thing and move to a dedicated server, but that's more expensive, and it won't happen overnight.
April 15, 2022 04:50PM
Thanks, Carey... I was also having problems receiving regular email via Earthlink and had to try to deal with that as well... Thought it was fixed but still not right. However, now, the good news is I can access and see posts here again.

Jackie
April 15, 2022 05:57PM
When i click on the big Yellow AF button / Afibbers Forum it only brings me to home page again. General Health yellow button brings me to straight to the General Heath page.
April 15, 2022 08:48PM
Todd
When i click on the big Yellow AF button / Afibbers Forum it only brings me to home page again. General Health yellow button brings me to straight to the General Heath page.

Okay, duly noted. Kind of a minor nit but we'll get it fixed eventually.
April 15, 2022 08:51PM
Todd

Until you brought that up, I've never clicked on it. By home page, I assume you mean here: [www.afibbers.org]

If so, all you need to do is click Afibbers Forum in the forum list to come to here. This appears to be the way it is coded. Perhaps something funny jumped the code back to an earlier version??
April 18, 2022 01:39AM
Hi Afibbers,

The issue is at least partly with our host who should have a solution soon.

Hang in there and we will let you all know as soon as it's all fixed.

Apologies for the inconvenience for any of you.

Be well,
Shannon
April 19, 2022 03:06AM
I can refresh repeatedly and still get the flags that the thread has been unread. I switched phones and now it’s ok.
April 29, 2022 11:57AM
Shannon - Again, thanks for helping solve my problem.
Obviously, I'm now able to open/read/post.
Have a lot of catching up to do.

Jackie
April 30, 2022 01:41PM
These temporary forum issues are merely PVCs. confused smiley
May 02, 2022 02:09PM
It appears the problem has been corrected now. Is anyone still seeing the problem?
May 02, 2022 08:46PM
I have to refresh my screen to see new posts. But I’m using my iPhone and not a computer.
May 02, 2022 08:59PM
Try a computer, please.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login