Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sinus Rhythm with Supraventricular Ectopy (PACs?)

Posted by colindo 
Sinus Rhythm with Supraventricular Ectopy (PACs?)
April 10, 2022 01:25PM
What is the treatment or remedy for Sinus Rhythm with Supraventricular Ectopy? (PACs?)

I had an afib event the other day which, with the help of flecainide (PIP) lasted for about 2 hours. It was the first event this year, triggered by (i think) a couple of alcoholic drinks the night before, which is very rare for me.

Then out of the blue a couple of nights later I wake up in the middle of the night with the odd skipped heart beat. I check later with my Kardia ecg app and I have Sinus Rhythm with Supraventricular Ectopy. I have had it on and off for about 3 days. More on than off.

I have had Afib for more than 12 years and have it under control eating Natto every 2nd day, but have never experienced anything like this before so would appreciate any advice or treatment suggestions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2022 02:31PM by colindo.
Re: Sinus Rhythm with Supraventricular Ectopy (PACs?)
April 10, 2022 02:58PM
colindo
What is the treatment or remedy for Sinus Rhythm with Supraventricular Ectopy? (PACs?)

I had an afib event the other day which, with the help of flecainide (PIP) lasted for about 2 hours. It was the first event this year, triggered by (i think) a couple of alcoholic drinks the night before, which is very rare for me.

Then out of the blue a couple of nights later I wake up in the middle of the night with the odd skipped heart beat. I check later with my Kardia ecg app and I have Sinus Rhythm with Supraventricular Ectopy. I have had it on and off for about 3 days. More on than off.

I have had Afib for more than 12 years and have it under control eating Natto every 2nd day, but have never experienced anything like this before so would appreciate any advice or treatment suggestions.

Of course there are the electrolyte (magnesium & potassium) suggestions that are common here. An uncommon suggestion would be starting with a mild (25 mg/day) dose of flec (could take more). In this 42 year old study, they used 1 mg/kg body weight. [pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] {edit} and also in another paper: [sci-hub.se]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2022 05:38PM by GeorgeN.
April 11, 2022 03:25PM
Hi Colin... this is odd. After receiving your email just now, I used the Search feature for 'Colindo' and now I can see your post and GeorgeN's reply.... However, the opening page of the Afibber's forum does not show new posts after April
5... and I couldn't see Tom Poppino's post about my dilemma with this 'quirk'... and I can't access the 'home page' of new entries. ???

If anyone has suggestions, please send me a PM because I won't see the response, otherwise.

Thanks Tom.

Be well - everyone.

Jackie
April 11, 2022 04:02PM
Hi Jackie,

I can't see GeorgeN or you post when I click on to my post. The only way I can see them is to click onto "Last Post"

I wonder if anyone else is having issues accessing my post?
April 11, 2022 07:14PM
Jackie and Colin, as Carey noted here it is not your problem, but a system problem they are still working on.
April 12, 2022 09:05AM
On Chrome, clearing the cache and rebooting makes things look normal right now.
May 05, 2022 08:41AM
For me, my 8000-16000 PACs/day basically went away when I improved my diet and my exercise and reducing my Atorvastatin from 40mg to 20mg.
Exercise had to include 2-4 hours a week of HR at 60-70% max or about 100-120 bpm for me.
Lighter exercise did not seem sufficient in my case.

Getting a semi-recumbant exercise bike that I could pedal while working at my desk was critical for me for fitting in enough exercise into my schedule.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login