Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Apple Watch Version 7

Posted by Que 
Que
Apple Watch Version 7
February 25, 2022 04:08AM
Hi everyone, I have a question for the group regarding the new Apple Watch, version 7. Does anyone know if it's possible for it to run continuously in the background checking for a fib? I know how I can tell it explicitly to do an EKG at one instance. However, I'm curious if it's possible to run all the time in the background. That would seem like a very helpful feature.

Thanks!
Que
Re: Apple Watch Version 7
February 25, 2022 12:14PM
Since no one has responded, I'll give you my two cents. I would say not by ECG but only as indicated by irregular heart rate. To get an ECG, you need two leads on different sides of the heart, as shown by Einthoven's triangle. I think for the Apple watch (I don't own one), you need to touch the watch with fingers from your other hand to get an ECG. This relatively new member has been using a device that will record ECG's up to 24 hours and analyze them for afib and other rhythm issues. Here is a search on his posts.. By monitoring and then changing his lifestyle, he's been able to drop his daily PAC count by several orders of magnitude.
Que
February 27, 2022 04:42AM
Thanks George. Here's the device you referred to (in case anyone else is interested)

Visual Beat ECG RECORDER WITH AI ANALYSIS
Que
March 14, 2022 08:48PM
Received this referral incentive too for Wellvue. I bought their continuous ECG device (yet to use)

15% Wellue Link

I also get a discount.

ECG RECORDER with ai analysis
March 15, 2022 11:24AM
Apple watch will not do it continuous. you would need to get an aftermarket device if possible.
Que
March 20, 2022 05:20PM
I've been using the Wellue Device on and off for about a week now. My overall experience is that it seems quite good. I've been using the chest strap which is similar to any of the other running chest strap devices which are on the market. You attach the device which is about the size of a thick nail file. It's light and comfortable and easy to wear. I haven't had any types of technical problems. It seems to be able to capture the data successfully. I have installed an application on my Macintosh to collect the data from the device. You need to manually tell it to download the information. The next step in the process is to upload it to their website where it's analyzed. In about 30 minutes you get a report that states the number of afib events as well as the number of other activities during your session. The maximum period of time that it can capture heart data is 24 hours. It seems to auto delete the previous data on your device but it keeps the report in the application on your computer. Thankfully so far I haven't had any afib episodes. I can't speak for the accuracy of their AI a fib algorithms, but I hope that they are as good as the ones for the Zio patch.
March 21, 2022 12:57PM
Que
I've been using the Wellue Device on and off for about a week now. My overall experience is that it seems quite good.

Thanks for the report!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login