Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Almost 7 years

Posted by Que 
Que
Almost 7 years
February 24, 2022 01:16AM
Hi Everyone,

It’s been just under 7 years since my Natale ablation.—7 years in sinus rhythm. It was a darn good run.

Unfortunately, I had a case of Afib that last a few hours today and self-corrected. My AliveCore verified it.

I was warned this might happen as the scars heal on the heart over time.

That being said, what would my next steps be?

I called Dr Hao in San Francisco who became my EP after Natale stopped practicing in SF.

He gave me an Rx of Eliquis. My guess is to stay on that and get a “touch up?”

I’m in Hawaii and moving back to the mainland in May (probably to Seattle).

Thanks!

Que
Re: Almost 7 years
February 24, 2022 08:54AM
You might be in for more than a touch-up. You don't say your age but they seem to be doing more LAA isolations with the ablations on older patients needing repeat procedues these days.

I think Dr. Hao is pretty much in administration now so maybe Dr. Hongo, his partner for many years, is doing the LAA these days. If not I'd recommend you consult someone who's done a lot of both LAA and Watchmans..

Natale did my second, including an LAA isolation, 13 years after Afib returned from his first ablation. That was a year ago and I'm still in NSR without medication.
February 24, 2022 04:27PM
Natale still practices in Los Robles.
February 24, 2022 06:32PM
It’s in Southern California-Thousand Oaks. He is here 3 days a month.
Que
February 25, 2022 04:06AM
Thank you everyone! I'll do a zio patch and see what that comes up with. Also, have a consult with Dr. Natale in April.

Appreciate the help. Will post another question about the Apple Watch in a new topic.

q
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login