Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In Austin : new member Walkman Club!

Posted by Poppino 
In Austin : new member Walkman Club!
February 17, 2022 12:53PM
Jeanie here (Grittygirl) made me laugh months ago after her Watchman by Dr Natale her daughers called it a Walkman. We all had one right! Sony yellow Huey Lewis The Police Michael etc. well Dr Natale placed a size 31 Watchman in me yesterday. Right now im drinking coffee back at the hotel in Austin. I was patient 2. 10:15-1130 done. No TEE. He went in said my LAA was silent. He did touchup one area at the CS. I had Covid late Dec earlybJan. Omicron. and have developed per Natale autonomic nervous system higher HR. Resting 72-80. Movement it goes to 88-90. Dr Natale said it could last a long time no way to know. His advice: ignore it lol. Exercise. Use mind body concepts of calming. Uh…..im a high wire act of energy thinking doing so gonna find new approaches. I use propananol 20/20 mg ea day. He upped it to 40/40. Eliquis 1/2 plus 81 aspirin. 6 week TEE can be in Charlotte by my EP Dr Holshouser but sent to Austin. Discomfort? Pain? Fear? Zero. There just is no one like Andrea Natale He gives you peace of mind. Saw me after and this morning and answered my 50 questions.
My biggest problem: just like the Scarecrow- if i only had a brain
Re: In Austin : new member Walkman Club!
February 17, 2022 02:36PM
How did you get measured for a size 31mm watchman without a tee? How did he check for seal and no leaks without a tee?

Jay, you and I all had watchman implants within 5 days performed by Dr N. Mine in CA on Friday, Jay’s on Tuesday in Austin and yours on Wednesday.
What’s the odds three on this forum in 5 days?
February 17, 2022 03:24PM
Dr Natale told me he scoped the LAA first before any ablating or Watchman placement. It wasnt a classic TEE so im not exactly sure but he seemed confident on its function and opening size. Im so sleep deprived wow mon night not great. Tues horrible at hotel due to 430 awake the last night in hospital. The hospital even gave me a ride back to the hotel! No uber. So the nurse wheeled me down. We talked dance so for a few minutes the young nurse and i danced in the pkg lot! Highlight of the trip. We did a Rumba
February 17, 2022 04:19PM
He probably measured it using ICE (intracardiac echocardiography) during the previous ablation. That would be even more accurate than a TEE since the transducer is right there inside the left atrium.
February 17, 2022 05:11PM
Yes he mentioned that. Plus i had a CT in august. Look i totally trust what he decides. He s done how many ablations? Laughable
How many Watchman s probably a few thousand. He told me leak risk at 45 days with the Flex is well under 10%. The first generation he said was close to 30% ! Probably what you have Carey
February 17, 2022 07:51PM
Poppino
He told me leak risk at 45 days with the Flex is well under 10%. The first generation he said was close to 30% ! Probably what you have Carey

Nope, I was in the Watchman FLX clinical trial in 2018 so that's what I have.

There's another member here who doesn't post often who was in the same trial and received one the same day I did.
February 17, 2022 08:36PM
Oh ok. And btw i got no id card or watchman card nothing. I asked Natale. He seemed confused he said i might get something from Watchman
February 17, 2022 09:23PM
Poppino
Oh ok. And btw i got no id card or watchman card nothing. I asked Natale. He seemed confused he said i might get something from Watchman

I didn't get one either but then again nobody has ever asked to see it in the last 3.5 years. The Watchman is MRI compatible and obvious on x-ray and CT. I can't imagine why you'd need a card, actually. Just tell them you have one and if they need specific info they can contact the company via watchman.com. But mainly, a Watchman just isn't going to be an issue once you're past the 45-day period after implantation. It just doesn't matter for most medical issues.
February 17, 2022 09:33PM
Poppino

In ca it was part of my discharge papers. I called up watchman to see if they had a laminated one and was told they don’t have my lot number (if there are any recalls-I’m sure yours is ok), size etc or any information. They could send me a blank card and I should add my serial number, manufacturer number, size and lot number to the blank paper card they will send me. Boston Watchman only had my name, date of implant and my birthday. Nothing else. I’m not sure about my size but you know your size already.

Why don’t you ask Austin where it is? I thought I had reminded you to get your watchman ID during discharge. Carey is right but I think the card is handy if you are biking etc and have an accident and become unconscious and the EMT does a wallet biopsy for various IDs and notices your MRI conditional card. If you are lucid it’s probably not needed except for any future recalls.

Watchman recall list for your curiosity:
[moph.gov.lb]

I had no touchup Friday, just the watchman and my new hr is 95 if I walk or 55 pacing if seated like a lump. I never had covid so I don’t know why my hr is faster.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2022 09:46PM by susan.d.
February 17, 2022 11:19PM
So glad you are doing well Tom! Been thinking about you! Keep us posted!
Ken
February 18, 2022 10:21AM
Carey
He probably measured it using ICE (intracardiac echocardiography) during the previous ablation. That would be even more accurate than a TEE since the transducer is right there inside the left atrium.

Read my study reports, that's how he sized mine; have a new 31 also. Touch up was 13+ min of rf energy in various places. My discharge papers didn't include card; will probably wait to see what transpires. As a motorcyclist I wear Medic Alert tag and will get new one that includes Watchman. That's what EMS guys always go for first on us potential organ donors. Am not on fire, am not getting shot at, life is GREAT!
February 18, 2022 05:20PM
Congratulations!!!! Glad everything went well.
February 18, 2022 06:34PM
Hope you continue to do well Tom!

Bob
February 18, 2022 08:51PM
Great news, Tom!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2022 08:51PM by GeorgeN.
February 18, 2022 10:48PM
When I arrived home this evening I checked my complete St. David's discharge package and my Watchman card was in it. I will add it to my Medic Alert dog tag because my meds have changed and it's my immediate notice to EMS folks of my artificial hips.
February 19, 2022 11:26AM
Ive decided to use my 1962 Topps Mickey Mantle card
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login