Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afib while you sleep

Posted by Bob Thorton 
Afib while you sleep
February 18, 2022 12:11PM
How do you know if you have an afib episode while you are sleeping? Is there a way to monitor? I had an afib episode during the day and my apple watch did not inform me of it. My episode lasted for hours, so I am not sure why my watch did not notify me. So for me its not a reliable source. There are times throughout the night where I am woken up with pounding heart beats, sometimes pacs, but return back to normal when I try to capture an ecg on my apple watch. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Afib while you sleep
February 18, 2022 12:40PM
You can set your IWatch notifications to alert you of any tachycardia (you set perimeters and afib notification). It will only alert you after 30 minutes of afib or high hr activity.

Or you can buy this:
[getwellue.com]

Or get it tomorrow with $50 coupon
[www.amazon.com]

Or here for cheaper:
[www.amazon.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2022 12:47PM by susan.d.
February 18, 2022 02:18PM
The Apple Watch won't detect afib if the heart rate is over 120, which renders it useless for most afibbers.
February 18, 2022 03:03PM
True but you will know you had some unexplainable tachycardia during the night. I set my high heart rate notification at 100.

Better than nothing for Bob since he already has the watch. All he needs to do is set up the high heart rate and afib notification perimeters. If he gets enough high HR nightly episodes to form a pattern, perhaps he can ask his EP for a holter. The other link costs $299 to find out. Expensive but is it at all accurate? The data is stored in China BTW but you can save each recording to a pdf. It’s a very trustworthy company. You shared with me a $20 oximeter and Wellvue cancelled the already shipped more expensive O2 device and ate the shipping. Good company.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2022 03:05PM by susan.d.
February 18, 2022 08:53PM
Do you know if the wellue montior works on an apple computer to sync the data, and to look at the results? I only have an apple computer. Thanks for everyones input. Any other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks again
February 21, 2022 12:01PM
Bob Thorton
Do you know if the wellue montior works on an apple computer to sync the data, and to look at the results? I only have an apple computer. Thanks for everyones input. Any other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks again

"DETAIL REPORT & ECG WAVEFORM
On free PC software or Mac App, you can download ECG waveform and detail reports including overview, supraventricular rhythm, ventricular rhythm, HRV, ECG report conclusion, hourly statistics table of ECG data, and ECG Fragment. "

Per: [getwellue.com]
February 21, 2022 05:22PM
BTW, Wellue is giving 15% off of you purchase directly (Discount Code: LOVE15 ) but Amazon has a $50 off.

I read Amazon’s questions people posted on this device. I think it’s only PC but two people got it to work on a MAC. I would email Wellue. They are excellent in returning emails:

support@getwellue.com

Below is Amazon’s question and answers. The website for Amazon says pc but the title says PC and macs. I don’t know the answer, but Wellue would. Email them.

Question: Does this work with Apple iMac or Macbook?
Answer:
By ThePlainOldT on January 14, 2022
A: You can find the Mac version of the software by searching "PC software & Mac apps - Wellue Health" . There, you will find the Mac version for this device. Hope this helps.

ThePlainOldT | 1 month ago
Helpful? 0 0
A: The application was written for a windows PC. However, If you install VMware or parallel's on your Mac..then setup windows on that partition, you can effectively run the application on your Mac
February 21, 2022 06:09PM
susan.d
ThePlainOldT | 1 month ago
Helpful? 0 0
A: The application was written for a windows PC. However, If you install VMware or parallel's on your Mac..then setup windows on that partition, you can effectively run the application on your Mac

They clearly have a Mac app here: [apps.apple.com]
You could likely download the app prior to purchasing and make sure it installs.

I'm guessing the Mac app was put up recently, after the review.

I run Windows 10 on my Mac under VirtualBox but don't think it would be necessary here. Looking at the apps on their software page, it looks like they have more Windows than Mac apps, but does have one for the product in question. [getwellue.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2022 06:10PM by GeorgeN.
February 21, 2022 07:31PM
Thanks George for the info for others. I can’t buy it because it plainly states it interferes with a pacemaker (for those folks who have a PM). Anyway my pacemaker is a 24/7 internal holter. It downloads nightly via wifi and I can get a print up of strips and diagnostic info for each event. It’s extremely accurate since it’s leads are in my chambers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login