Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Senior (>65) high dose fluzone shot

Posted by susan.d 
Senior (>65) high dose fluzone shot
November 25, 2021 01:32AM
[www.cdc.gov]
It’s 4x the antigen. Anyone get afib from it?

[clinicaltrials.gov]
I don’t understand the results:

Primary Outcome Measures :
Number of unscheduled cardiovascular or respiratory inpatient hospitalizations [ Time Frame: From 14 days up to 6 months (+/- 1) post-vaccination ]
First occurrence of an unscheduled cardiovascular or respiratory inpatient hospitalization will be considered

Secondary Outcome Measures :
Number of inpatient hospitalizations with primary discharge diagnosis [ Time Frame: From 14 days up to 6 months (+/- 1) post-vaccination ]
Inpatient hospitalization with primary discharge diagnosis (using ICD-10 codes) for the following diseases will be considered:
Diseases of the respiratory system
Diseases of the circulatory system
Pneumonia
Heart failure
Acute myocardial infarction
Atrial Fibrillation
Stroke
Influenza and pneumonia

CVS is giving a $5 rewards credit btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2021 01:44AM by susan.d.
Re: Senior (>65) high dose fluzone shot
November 25, 2021 02:53AM
susan.d
I don’t understand the results:

These are data they are collecting, not results. The Primary measures are being gathered to demonstrate that the 4x vaccine is better than the 1x vaccine.

The secondary are just data to see if there is a difference.

It’s 4x the antigen. Anyone get afib from it?
I'm not anti vax - just having gotten my 4th COVID jab, but haven't had the flu or a flu vaccine in decades. I trust keeping my own immune system in condition such that a severe flu case is very unlikely.
November 25, 2021 05:14AM
Thanks George!
I’m on my 67 day nsr streak so I passed today getting the high dose flu shot right before a holiday when the ERs will be packed. I’m waiting for my covid antibody test results to come back and then I’ll sabotage my nsr and get the booster if my numbers are low after 9 months.

I posted this flu info because if I have to pick which vaccine to get that could cause afib, I’ll prefer the moderna booster. Is this senior 4x flu dose new? I don’t remember getting it last year. The study did mention they are measuring afib so there must be a connection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2021 05:15AM by susan.d.
November 25, 2021 02:22PM
The Quadravent flu shot has been available since 2017. Both my wife and I have been getting it ever since with no effects.

[www.cdc.gov]
November 25, 2021 04:16PM
Thanks Gordon!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login