Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Melatonin and heart rate?

Posted by bettylou4488 
Melatonin and heart rate?
November 13, 2021 05:59PM
I have read some things that show that melatonin is good for the heart. I have taken it from time to time... but it seems that things that help with insomnia so seem to slow my heart. This happened with melatonin and Seriphos. I recently got the CPAP and have worn it several hours a night for a whole week now. Just 2 more to go to get insurance coverage LOL! But I can't make it past 3 hours. I was thinking of popping a melatonin tonight but wondered if anyone else had issues. good or bad.. with melatonin and heart rate/rhythm. I have 0.3 mg capsules so it is just a titch of it. (I have been in afib since July 7 after a long history.. I can bore you with that.. but heart rate is already high enough that if it dropped it a few it wouldn't matter.). just curious... thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2021 05:59PM by bettylou4488.
Re: Melatonin and heart rate?
November 13, 2021 06:13PM
Have been using melatonin for years without issue. Have cut back recently and have been using magnesium threonate and theonine to improve my sleep performance. I'll add a small amount of melatonin to that occasionally. Usually when I am on night shift and sleeping during the early ours of the day.

Have also been using cpap for over a year now due to Hypopnea with no issues.

What about the cpap is keeping you up. Is yours self ramping? Maybe your getting too much air. I had that happen once and it did wake me up. The company made an adjustment and everything has been fine since
November 13, 2021 06:47PM
rocketritch
Have been using melatonin for years without issue. Have cut back recently and have been using magnesium threonate and theonine to improve my sleep performance. I'll add a small amount of melatonin to that occasionally. Usually when I am on night shift and sleeping during the early ours of the day.

Have also been using cpap for over a year now due to Hypopnea with no issues.

What about the cpap is keeping you up. Is yours self ramping? Maybe your getting too much air. I had that happen once and it did wake me up. The company made an adjustment and everything has been fine since

I am just starting w/ the CPAP. I have insomnia also or maybe related.. they did ramp down for me while getting used to it. Thanks for the info smiling smiley I just washed this silly thing and now it ls leaking... I should have done that in the middle of a weekday where I could get help lol.
November 13, 2021 08:15PM
bettylou4488
I was thinking of popping a melatonin tonight but wondered if anyone else had issues. good or bad.. with melatonin and heart rate/rhythm. I have 0.3 mg capsules so it is just a titch of it.

Though not taking any right now, I've taken up to 300 mg/day for months without issue. At that level, it does not impact sleep. I'm not suggesting anyone else follow my lead.
November 13, 2021 08:55PM
GeorgeN

I was thinking of popping a melatonin tonight but wondered if anyone else had issues. good or bad.. with melatonin and heart rate/rhythm. I have 0.3 mg capsules so it is just a titch of it.

Though not taking any right now, I've taken up to 300 mg/day for months without issue. At that level, it does not impact sleep. I'm not suggesting anyone else follow my lead.

Thanks I do recall you talking about that before. good to know giant doses did not affect you. I am hoping my tiny little 0.3 will just help me not hear my cpap buzzing in my face al night LOL.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login