Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Xaralto

Posted by Elizabeth 
Xaralto
September 28, 2020 02:42PM
The price of my med. Xaralto has gone up because I have reached what they call a "donut hole". it is now 121.34 for a 30 day supply the price is the same till the end of the year, then the first of the year I will have to pay more (not sure how much) then it drops to around 47.00/month until Oct. (the donut holesmiling smiley drinking smiley I have Medicare and Silver script ins. Does anyone have a better plan, actually I believe that President Trump said we can now get our drugs from Canada, does anyone have a place in Canada that they have gotten their drugs from and would recommend it?

L
Re: Xaralto
September 28, 2020 04:48PM
The donut hole is scheduled to go away in 2021.

We've always been able to get drugs from Canada. It's perfectly legal. I use and recommend https://www.planetdrugsdirect.com/ Totally reputable and reliable.

To place an order you have to fax or email them a copy of your prescription, so you'll need to get a paper copy from your doc. You're then supposed to mail the original prescription to them, but they're not very strict about enforcing that. You also have to plan ahead because it usually takes several weeks for delivery. They don't take American credit cards but they will do wire transfers from your banking account (that's the credit card companies' fault, not theirs).
September 28, 2020 06:10PM
Carey
They don't take American credit cards but they will do wire transfers from your banking account (that's the credit card companies' fault, not theirs).

I think this is due to US regulations for the banks. I've used an outfit in Europe for flec and they faced this credit card issue also.
September 28, 2020 06:23PM
I googled it and this appears to be the explanation:

[www.northwestpharmacy.com]

Most international and Canadian pharmacies that supply U.S. patients accept payment only by personal check or an international money order. Unfortunately, they can no longer accept credit cards from U.S. citizens because credit card companies like VISA and Mastercard have been pressured by Big Pharma which has a strong interest in preventing lower cost drugs from reaching patients in the USA. They have done so under the guise of consumer safety and use spurious arguments that suggest all pharmacies that ship to Americans from outside the USA are unsafe.
September 29, 2020 09:15AM
I bitched about Eliquis and Multaq prices and then signed up for coupons - I think got them down to $10 for 30 days but rounding errors either way.

Co-pay Card for ELIQUIS® (apixaban) is what you want

0$ cop pay Multaq savings card - drug didn't work so I have 4 unopened bottles. ( I once paid $400 for 3 bottles)
September 29, 2020 11:12AM
I get Eliquis for $10 a month using the coupon off of Eliquis website and get $50 off multaq off their website making it zero cost.
September 29, 2020 11:39AM
I don't think people on Medicare are eligible for those coupons.
September 29, 2020 12:23PM
I’m on Medicare (but I don’t use Medicare for my drugs) but I have supplement insurance plan through my husband’s private drug insurance which has a $50 copay for multaq. The multaq coupon is for $50 making it free.

[www.multaq.com]

*Offer only available to eligible patients with commercial insurance not funded through a government healthcare program or to patients paying cash. This offer is not valid for prescriptions covered by or submitted for reimbursement under Medicaid, Medicare, VA, DOD, TRICARE, or similar federal or state programs. Subject to an annual cap of $3,000 for commercially insured patients and an annual cap of $1,950 for patients paying cash. Sanofi U.S. reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice. Void where prohibited by law.

My Eliquis only costs $10/month.

[www.eliquis.bmscustomerconnect.com]

ELIQUIS IS COVERED FOR OVER 90% OF PATIENTS WITH COMMERCIAL & MEDICARE PART D PLANS
As of January 3, 2020
See if you’re covered by tapping to call
1-855-ELIQUIS (354-7847). Learn more
about Prescription Coverage Assistance.

$10 trial card good for 13 months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2020 12:27PM by susan.d.
September 29, 2020 06:12PM
susan.d
ELIQUIS IS COVERED FOR OVER 90% OF PATIENTS WITH COMMERCIAL & MEDICARE PART D PLANS
As of January 3, 2020

That's new. People on Medicare didn't used to be eligible at all.
September 29, 2020 06:39PM
Carey

As of January 3, 2020

Time to get the 13 month renewable $10 card.
September 29, 2020 07:40PM
Carey

As of January 3, 2020

I think this means that Eliquis is covered by the commercial & Medicare Part D plans, not that you can use the discount card.

Here are the requirements for the card.

Co-pay Card
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
You may be eligible for the Co-pay Card for ELIQUIS® (apixaban) if:

You are insured by commercial insurance and your prescription insurance coverage does not cover the full cost of your prescription, that is, you have a co-pay obligation for ELIQUIS;
You do not have prescription insurance coverage through a state or federal healthcare program, including but not limited to Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs (VA), or Department of Defense (DOD) programs; patients who move from commercial plans to state or federal healthcare programs will no longer be eligible;
You are 18 years of age or older; and
You are a resident of the United States or Puerto Rico.
September 29, 2020 08:58PM
Thanks George. I didn’t see the small print. I guess the card is only good for those of us who don’t have part D but instead employer drug benefits.
October 03, 2020 07:30AM
If you have Part D Coverage, For some crazy reason YOU CANNOT get the Eliquis $10 card. I am on Medicare and use Silverscripts as my Part D drug coverage. I ALWAYS go in the donut hole because of Eliquis. Also, In the long run, It is not cheaper to use Canadian Pharmacy’s. Do the yearly math.

Can someone show me where the Donut hole goes away in 2021? My 2021 Silverscripts Plan now Aetna Medicare shows a 2021 donut hole at $4130. The donut hole does not go away in 2021.
October 03, 2020 06:27PM
smackman
Can someone show me where the Donut hole goes away in 2021? My 2021 Silverscripts Plan now Aetna Medicare shows a 2021 donut hole at $4130. The donut hole does not go away in 2021.

My mistake. I thought it was going to be eliminated in 2021 but apparently it's still an ongoing process of eliminating it slowly year by year. The details are explained here:

You may have heard of the term “donut hole” before in reference to Medicare Part D, Medicare’s prescription drug coverage. What is it, exactly? The donut hole is a gap in prescription drug coverage where you may pay more for prescription drugs, depending on what Part D plan you choose (or if you enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan that includes prescription drug coverage). Since 2011, measures have been taken to close the donut hole. Once you reach the initial coverage limit of your Part D plan, you’ll enter the donut hole and need to pay a percentage until you’ve reached the out of pocket (OOP) threshold and exit the donut hole. For 2021, the Part D initial coverage limit is $4,130, up from $4,020 in 2020. For 2021, the OOP threshold is $6,550, up from $6,350 in 2020. In addition, if you reach the donut hole phase, your drug discount for brand name and generic drugs is 75%.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login