Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Was I cursed somehow?

Was I cursed somehow?
August 17, 2020 01:49PM
I keep seeing these threads and accounts of people that have been para for years. I had my first event in June of 19, had 3 more about a month apart (each only lasting about 48 hrs) I took all of the right steps as soon as I knew it was a problem and still ended up persistent by Oct of 2019.

For whatever reason there was always a prime mover in my AF that would not let me successfully intervene on my own. Only ECVs have worked to date, headed to Austin.

But really I guess count yourself lucky if your condition didn't go from unknown to always in less than 3.5 months.

I really am Not Lying About My Afib
Re: Was I cursed somehow?
August 17, 2020 07:21PM
I've heard other people report a similar timeline, so you're not alone. It doesn't usually progress that fast but it can, as you now know.
August 18, 2020 09:55AM
When I was diagnosed with AFIB IN Dec 2011, I was in Persistent AFIB. Maybe I was just lucky in the past years but never did any doctor ever catch my AFIB. I had several procedures done on my back that required being on a heart monitor.
After my GP found my AFIB in a yearly physical , I never converted except by ECV.
Anyway, I blame dehydration on my AFIB. I had lost 90+ lbs in 2010 and did a lot of fast walking everyday. I assumed I had plenty of fluid for hydration but honestly who knows. 2 Ablations later, I have been doing well since June 2016.
August 18, 2020 05:26PM
Thanks Carey. Good to hear Smackman.

It's a wonder I didn't have AF now that I understand it.

1st event - dehydrated, on diet pills - took an andredal supplement, years of T2D and glycation/fibrosis, former athlete profile, zero supplement knowledge against AF (why would I?) drank energy drinks the prior month, caffeine often, poor sleep habits, high hsCRP... practically willfully trying to tempt AF without knowing it was even a possibility.

But somehow I thought that removing all of those bad habits would fix it. Nope.
August 18, 2020 07:40PM
Only 5% of the population has AF, but a large segment of the population is fat, drinks, smokes, gets no exercise, and eats a crap diet, and yet 95% of them don't have AF. That right there should tell you there's a strong genetic component. I think some people can reduce the frequency of their episodes and perhaps their symptoms with lifestyle mods, diet and supplements, but I don't think there is any lifestyle mod, diet or supplement that can prevent AF entirely.
August 19, 2020 12:53PM
I come from a family of 6 children. I am in the middle as far as age. No one except me had AFIB. Now my Daddy came down with AFIB at age 81. That was 5 years after I Was diagnosed With AFIB. To this day, No one else has/had AFIB in my family. Maybe I cursed myself with my extreme exercising losing weight. I walked but I walked the country hilly roads etc. Summertime Temp easily upper 90’s with high Humidity.
Who knows? Right now I am just thankful for my Health. I have Major Back issues from a car wreck in 2003. T11 and T12 hadto be replaced with a cage etc. My pain level is still extreme but Life is good. The wreck could have taken my Life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2020 01:19PM by smackman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login