Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cold laser / hot laser

Posted by bettylou4488 
cold laser / hot laser
August 18, 2020 01:27AM
I asked similar question re cortisone shots last week- I went for a cold laser treatment today for my shoulder. As I sat there and felt zaps I thought hmm... maybe this isn't a good idea w/ Afib. I was fine. But curious-- anyone have experience with cold or hot laser and know about if it can trigger Afib?

thanks
Re: cold laser / hot laser
August 18, 2020 03:50AM
My foot doc wants to do epat shock wave therapy. Told him I have afibb he didn't care/or no to much about afibb. I researched a bit and its not recommended for people on blood thinners not sure about afibb triggers. I sent info over to My EP for his blessing, considering i had my ablation 5 weeks ago not messing around.
August 18, 2020 06:11PM
so did your EP give his blessing? I emailed mine and they said ... 'whatever the practitioner says." I told them- he's arrogant and says of course it is OK. lol. I have a 430 appt.. I'm still deciding.
August 18, 2020 08:23PM
I can't imagine how lasers could trigger AF. And from what I could find the contraindication for blood thinners only applies when the laser is being used to treat vascular issues. Shouldn't be a problem with AF.
August 20, 2020 02:40AM
Unfortunately I got crickets no responsesad smiley

bettylou4488
so did your EP give his blessing? I emailed mine and they said ... 'whatever the practitioner says." I told them- he's arrogant and says of course it is OK. lol. I have a 430 appt.. I'm still deciding.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2020 02:41AM by Driver.
August 23, 2020 01:53AM
I have a cold laser. I’ve used it on myself for Achilles soreness. It’s harmless. The only way you can hurt yourself with it is to beam it in your eye.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login