Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SVT after two Natale heart ablations

Posted by Jake 
SVT after two Natale heart ablations
May 31, 2020 09:04AM
Hi all,

I have had two ablations with Dr Natale. Within a year after my 2nd ablation I had Cardiomyopathy dealing with the sudden death of my son. I then had surgery due to an abscess on my colon. Before I could go back on Eliquis, I had a stroke, it wasn't a serious event. I have eye/sight issues and high blood pressure , that I didn't have before. Memory issues come & go. So getting to my point after a brief history, now I have Tachycardia. It comes & go. Most of the time a 50mg Metoprolol will help me back to normal. Once I went to the ER for my heart rate was very high to the point of passing out. I was given Adenosine and converted. My last Echo showed a normal EF at 60-65%. There was trace leakage across my mitral and tricuspid valves that they didn't seem to be concerned with. I had a 2nd echo on Friday for I see my local cardiologist this Friday. While there I went in SVT again. The PA that was there said I would need a SVT ablation for this will become persistent.

I need advise or opinions. I do have a call in with Dr Natale, but under the current situation I really don't want to fly to Austin. Is SVT ablation as easy as it sounds? Could I trust my local cardiologist , yet be concern about having another procedure & be in a hospital with this virus going on .Is this normal to have so many heart issues, wondering if this could be from the ablations?

Thank you !

Jake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2020 10:40AM by Jake.
Re: SVT after two Natale heart ablations
May 31, 2020 03:36PM
The risk of some numb nuts doing a hack job vs using an n95 for a few hours on a plane and having Dr N do it is a NO BRAINER.

I can drive to Austin (and have to see Dr N.) but for the life of me don't understand why they have all of that candy in the waiting room - that's my only criticism.
May 31, 2020 07:03PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
I can drive to Austin (and have to see Dr N.) but for the life of me don't understand why they have all of that candy in the waiting room - that's my only criticism.

Was at the cancer center, where my adult son was being treated for very glycolytic glioblasoma. I was appalled at the cr@p being sold at the gift shop, but this is our society and health care system.
May 31, 2020 08:26PM
Just had a wonderful informative conversation with Shannon who addressed all my questions & concerns. I will be going back to Austin to see the best Dr Natale who remembered my case.. This forum is such a valuable resource & lucky to have someone like Shannon to be our advocate. I feel so grateful to come here & get my questions answered & my concerns addressed.

Thank you!

Jake
June 03, 2020 08:24AM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
for the life of me don't understand why they have all of that candy in the waiting room - that's my only criticism.

I don't recall ever seeing candy laying out in the waiting room at TCAI in Austin. I've made maybe a half dozen trips in the last few years.
June 03, 2020 11:41AM
AB Page
I don't recall ever seeing candy laying out in the waiting room at TCAI in Austin. I've made maybe a half dozen trips in the last few years.

Ditto. I've seen no candy in the waiting room at TCAI. In fact, I've never seen candy in any waiting room at any medical facility in my entire life.
June 03, 2020 03:09PM
Great snacks at los Robles hospital office. There was an impressive table with kind bars, crackers, cheese crackers, chips, bottle water and plastic drink bottles with the logo of the clinic, bandaids in nifty plastic cases and other nice stuff. The inventory changed each visit. I did smile when I saw the coffee. Since my last visit, the table is gone...maybe due to covid19.
June 05, 2020 03:54AM
What's wrong with a bit of candy now and then... taking a breath of air can be more dangerous. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 14, 2020 08:36PM
There is candy. Lots of candy.

Might have seen a few Oompa Loompas.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2020 08:39PM by NotLyingAboutMyAfib.
June 14, 2020 08:37PM
What's wrong with candy?

Sugar, refined carbs, hyperglycemia, hyperinsulinemia, glyocalyx killing, glycation, and other metabolic states that contribute to afib?

Oh nothing. Nothing at all. confused smiley
June 15, 2020 12:08AM
A chunk or two of 75%+ dark chocolate every now and then causes none of that and is the food of the gods.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login