Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Stress Test for My Natale Ablations

Posted by Jackie 
Another Stress Test for My Natale Ablations
May 14, 2020 09:29AM
Once again, thankfully, my Natale ablations have kept my heart in NSR during stressful times.

Two weeks ago on April 30, at 7 am, I called for EMS transport to the hospital because of diffuse pain
just under the sternum and along the right rib cage. After various scans, the diagnosis: inflamed/enlarged gall bladder.
Remedy: surgery.

The stress was actually more from having to go into the hospital environment rather than what might be the
cause, but since the pain was not overwhelming and I was mobile, I decided ‘sooner’ was the best approach.
Since I’m on half-dose Eliquis, surgery was delayed until Sat. morning, May 2 and I was discharged the
following morning, fully ambulatory. During the waiting process, I was on continual antibiotic IVs and fluids for hydration.

Almost immediately, I was tested for CV19. Negative. But who knows what exposure may have
occurred once hospitalized. I had ample time to observe infection control protocols among a wide
variety of staff from floor cleaners to doctors; and while there were gaps, they were also very busy
in the three areas I was in and worked very hard. I am most grateful for the compassionate care I received.

Best of all, my heart remains calm. I’ve been actively mobile, stairs and all upon arriving home. I’m gaining energy
and almost back to ‘normal.’ Resumed my nutritional protocols for supporting my heart and body for overall health and looking forward to getting into my gardens as soon as the latent snowfalls decide to stop surprising us.

Onward->

Jackie
Re: Another Stress Test for My Natale Ablations
May 14, 2020 09:50AM
Wow, that's a lot going on Jackie! Glad it has turned out well and you remain in NSR!!

George
May 14, 2020 10:05AM
Holy cow Jackie!

So sorry you've had to go through that stress especially during peak COVID time!

But great to hear you are recovering well and are back at home with a steady heart as well 👍👍.

Be well!
Shannon
May 14, 2020 12:42PM
Awesome success story.

Natale ablation, like the old Timex watch slogan - takes a licking and keeps on ticking. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2020 12:43PM by NotLyingAboutMyAfib.
May 14, 2020 03:54PM
Ditto what George says Jackie (-:
May 15, 2020 09:01AM
Jackie: Your recovery experience is evidence of of the value of you always keeping yourself in best possible condition all over since none of us can predict the next crisis we're going to need to face.

Keep up the good work. We look forward to more of your project sharing.

Gordon
May 15, 2020 10:00AM
Amazing Jackie...I’m glad it all went as it should. It can be a most painful condition. I had my done 20 odd years ago.
Keep safe and well.
May 15, 2020 10:47AM
Jackie, Did you just stop the Eliquis for the Procedure or did you use Dr. Natales protocol which I think involves Heparin? Just wondering because I could be facing a “situation” after my nuclear stress test next week.
So glad to hear you are doing great
May 16, 2020 08:20AM
Glad to hear you are doing better every day and that the Natale work is holding its own.
May 16, 2020 09:23AM
Thank you all for your kind good wishes. Fortunately, it's now 2 weeks post-surgery and I'm close to 'normal' again.
I also was fortunate not to have severe pain at any point in time.

Smackman... I'm on half dose Eliquis BID and my last dose was 8 pm the night prior...none the morning of admission so once surgery was in the plan, they started the heparin therapy and then, once home, back on Eliquis. I hope all goes well for you.

Best to all and thanks again.
Jackie
May 16, 2020 12:57PM
Gosh, Jackie. So sorry to hear you had to go through this, at any time but especially now. Glad to hear you recovering well. Our thoughts are with you.

All best wishes,

Lance
May 16, 2020 10:12PM
Wow Jackie, glad you are doing well.

I had a similar experience about a year and a half ago.
Ended up in the ER with a gallstone that passed after a couple hours. Talk about pain!
This gallbladder attack is what caused me to get approval for a Watchman device.
They say once you have a gallbladder attack it only get worse going forward. That hasn’t been my experience, so far. The medical advise was to have the gallbladder removed. I couldn’t find a doctor who would do the surgery using Dr Natale’s bridging protocol. Even at Scripps with Dr Natale speaking with the surgeon. Im a healthy 56 year old with no other medical conditions than the slow LAA.
Luckily I haven’t had any gallbladder problems since. But now I have a Watchman.

I feel for you Smackman. I hope you will get your Watchman in the future.

Stay well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2020 10:23PM by gmperf.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login