Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eye Stroke

Posted by Mark 
Eye Stroke
May 04, 2020 12:41PM
Was doing some reading about how afib might effect the eyes and came across an interesting article. Anyone have experience with this type symptomology related to their afib?

[www.kadrmaseyecare.com]
Re: Eye Stroke
May 04, 2020 01:44PM
walt
Was doing some reading about how afib might effect the eyes and came across an interesting article. Anyone have experience with this type symptomology related to their afib?

[www.kadrmaseyecare.com]

Folks with afib can have many comorbidities. Reading the study, I did not see where they controlled for this, hence it may just be an association, not causative.

Personally, I'm nearly 65 and have normal pressures in my eyes. Just like everything else, if someone has hyperinsulinemia, the root cause of many of the comorbidities in my opinion, this is strongly associated with glaucoma.
May 04, 2020 06:03PM
Walt,
When I first developed tachycardia, ectopics and then afib in the 1990's when having an eye check the moment they put me under the microscope and that extremely bright light it would instantly trigger a rush of ectopics so I would back away from the microscope several times until they subsided (30 secs or so) much to the annoyance of the Opthamologist.

I asked the Opthamolgist if the eyes were attached to the Vagus nerve and he said yes.

I don't have that problem now but have had two instances of viscous detachment in the past 3yrs that have increased the amount of “floaters” in my vision that is very annoying.

Have always thought that afib and eye probllems are linked and interested to see if other afibbers have increased eye problems.
May 04, 2020 10:43PM
My brother had 6-7 eye strokes. I don’t know if he ever had AF. He ended up being legally blind. So did my father.

I get on and off severe pain in my eyes the past year. It’s like a jabbing knife. I always am concerned I will end up blind like my brother...or father. I hope Eliquis will help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login