Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

eliqis & nitric oxide

Posted by Jake 
eliqis & nitric oxide
February 04, 2020 09:25AM
I am on Eliquis 5mg twice a day. I have high blood pressure & can't take BP meds due to a lot of side effects. I was thinking of taking neo40, which is Nitric Oxide 425mg. I can't find any information if its ok to take while taking Eliquis. Neo40 suggest I ask my cardiologist. I wasn't surprise when I asked & it was a big NO, reason was, do not take any supplements they aren't regulated.

I have had two ablations with Natale & to my knowledge have not had A-fib since. I had colon surgery last year to remove an abscess and things have been off-balance since mostly including my blood pressure..

If anyone could give me any ideas on how to research this or have advice , it would be very appreciated. I need to stop this BP Rx nightmare.

Thank you!

Jake

oops, haven't posted here in years, hope I am on the right page?
Re: eliqis & nitric oxide
February 04, 2020 08:39PM
I am on Eliquis and also had taken 30mg isosorbide mononitrate for years without problem. You may want to tryout this Rx to see how you like it.
February 05, 2020 01:21AM
There are dozens of BP meds. What have you tried? I don't think anyone can tell you much about a supplement because whatever's in it this month might not be what's in it next month.
February 05, 2020 05:10PM
Thank you Susan
February 05, 2020 06:07PM
Carey,

I have taken Bystolic, Lisinopril, Labetalol . I was taken Metoprolol & started with dizziness so I switched to Valsartan & only take metoprolol when needed for rate control which is seldom. The dizziness persisted with Valsartan. Im very symptomatic. Several Drs feel the dizziness is coming from the blood pressure medicine.

I do not experience low blood pressure. The top figure averages 140 & the bottom figure averages 60 to 70 with the Rx.

I get my supplements from a reliable healthcare practitioner in my area who recommended neo40. I just need more info to make a sound decision.

Thank you
February 05, 2020 06:44PM
There are dozens more BP meds that can be tried. To give you an idea how many there are, see this list.

I doubt a nitric oxide (NO) supplement will be a problem with Eliquis because NO is produced by almost every cell in your body. It also has an extremely short half-life measured in seconds, which is why I don't think NO supplements can possibly do anything for you.

One supplement that's actually been proven to lower BP is olive leaf extract. It also lowers cholesterol and prevents weight gain.
February 05, 2020 07:23PM
Carey
I doubt a nitric oxide (NO) supplement will be a problem with Eliquis because NO is produced by almost every cell in your body. It also has an extremely short half-life measured in seconds, which is why I don't think NO supplements can possibly do anything for you.

One of my friends took this beet root powder. She said, "Dr. told me to take 1/2 tsp (scoop inside) daily. It did the trick ( and increased stamina/energy at workout)."

My friend is in her 60's. I gave this suggestion to another friend whose late 20's age son was worried about passing his flight physical to become a commercial pilot. She reported back that he passed. The doc remarked that his urine was pink/red. The son responded that he loved beets. Turns out that beets also increase NO.
February 05, 2020 09:39PM
There are articles out there about things that increase NO production like beats, and I think they have value. Supplements, not so much.
February 06, 2020 01:29PM
Thank you all for your comments. I try research & opinions to reach a decision with guideness of my EP, who interesting enough just came back from a conference with Dr Natale.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login