Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can you hear your heartbeat in your left ear?

Posted by pamela 
can you hear your heartbeat in your left ear?
July 12, 2019 12:51AM
Just wondering if anyone gets hyper focused on listening to their heart beat in their ear. I think I worry too much and focus on the heart beat.
Re: can you hear your heartbeat in your left ear?
July 12, 2019 10:38AM
I only hear it if I lay in bed a certain way with one ear pressed against the pillow, and that's been true since childhood so has nothing to do with afib. I think it's pretty common to be able to hear heartbeats. That's particularly true if you have hypertension. Had your BP checked lately?

Obsessing on minding your heart beat is never good. People do that with their Kardia and Apple Watches and such, and all it does is raise their stress levels even higher. I would try to shift attention to something else whenever you find yourself paying attention to it. Play some music or something to distract yourself from it.
July 12, 2019 03:33PM
I sometimes hear the beats in my... right ear.
When it happens, it's reassuring, because it usually happens when my heart returns to quiet NSR just after having lots of ectopics. I don't worry about this.
July 12, 2019 10:32PM
Hey, Pam.

I hear it in my left ear when laying on that side. Believe this is fairly common with afibbers.

Doesn't freak me out... just don't like it... so I change my position.

/L
July 13, 2019 01:07PM
I had that for many years and worried about if my heart would quit or whatever, being a long term anxiety sufferer.
The solution for me was and still is a soft down pillow wadded under my head so my left ear is neither on the pillow or the bed itself.
Never had the problem on my right side.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login