Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Night before TEE

Posted by Louise 
Night before TEE
July 11, 2019 11:09PM
I may not get a response in time because I just thought of this. I’m having a Watchman follow up TEE tomorrow. The first follow up showed a blood clot on the Watchman device. I’ve been on Xarelto and aspirin since. I have been taking the aspirin before I get out of bed so I don’t forget, but I don’t know if I should take it tomorrow morning. ( I forgot to ask.). Also the TEE was originally schedule for 10:30 and I was to arrive by 9:00. Then it was noon, arrive by 10:30. NOW it is scheduled for 1:00, arrive at 11:30. They still say not to eat or drink after midnight. Not eating won’t be a problem, but no water will be difficult. I have been researching and some anesthesiologists are saying water up to 2 hours before is ok and possibly beneficial. I wouldn’t cut it that close, nor would I drink a glass of water, but is there any harm in having a sip of water a couple of times during the night and possibly up to 9ish? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!
Re: Night before TEE
July 12, 2019 01:35AM
Sips of plain water are fine. Don't worry about that. Take all your meds you normally would if they didn't specifically tell you to skip them. I can't imagine why they would stop anything for a TEE, so take everything you normally do.
Re: Night before TEE
July 12, 2019 09:15AM
Thank you, Carey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login