Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

this neat article i found with a first class picture at the top

Posted by peggyM 
this neat article i found with a first class picture at the top
October 08, 2018 06:03PM
Re: this neat article i found with a first class picture at the top
October 08, 2018 09:47PM
Just attended a workshop on this subject today, showing the link between the brain and gut via the vagus nerve. Breathing techniques activate vagal stretch receptors in the lung and airways, easing tension.
October 09, 2018 03:20AM
Fascinating. And verified what many - including here - have suspected for a long time. Look at the vague nerve runs wrapped around the esophagus! Thanks Peggy and hoping you’re well (-:
Mike
October 09, 2018 09:24AM
Hello Peggy - So good to see you are still researching. Thanks for this one with the graphic illustration of the vagus... known as "the wanderer." It's easy to visualize how various disturbances or impingements on the vagus could stimulate AF. I found one of my initial connections through Steve Rochlitz's observations about hiatal hernias and vagus impingement in the diaphragm.... 2 reports listed here: [www.afibbers.org]

Also, there are many archived posts on related topics... that can be helpful for new readers including Dean's good work with presenting Dr. Gershon's book, The Second Brain. [www.afibbers.org]

The Gut Connection to AF is another worth noting.... as many former afibbers have been AF free by finding their specific connection. [www.afibbers.org]

And also this series on the far reaching connections of heartburn
[www.afibbers.org]

Just a few of many. Again, Peggy, thanks for this excellent reminder.

Be well,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login