Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Second Ablation With Dr Natale in Austin

Posted by Methan99 
Second Ablation With Dr Natale in Austin
November 21, 2016 03:57PM
My procedure is scheduled for Wednesday 23dr. The last one was in Cleveland with Dr Natale in June 1997. I was all good until Afib/Flutter started three months ago.
I had one episode lasted 3hours and the other mostly flutter lasted 4 days I had a cardioversion to stop. Prior to my last ablation with Nataly I
had two failed Ablations in 1996 in NYC Cornell. I had paroxysmal AFIB since I was a child now I'm 49.

Mike
Re: Second Ablation With Dr Natale in Austin
November 21, 2016 05:54PM
Good luck, Mike.
We will all be thinking about you, praying and hoping for the best.
Please let us know how you are doing afterwards.
Best wishes.
Ken
Re: Second Ablation With Dr Natale in Austin
November 21, 2016 06:17PM
Mike will do just fine,

We;ve had a number pf good conversations over the last months since the late summer and he is ready to go! As I told Mike too that with folks who have had an index procedure and then been golden with outstanding one and done type success for 10+ years and then recurrence happens, Dr Natale has found that a larger percentage have drivers from the LAA ( left atrial appendage/coronary sinus) in the frontier perimeter of the left and right atria relative to the typical Pulmonary vein antrum area where most AFIB has its genesis.

Since the LAA and CS were rarely addressed yet with ablation over 10years ago, especially the LAA, Dr Natale is doing study now over the last few years in which folks like Jackie, Pamela from Michigan and now our pal Mike from NYC are included to help define if this phenomena of very late recurrence after around 10 years of slightly more of near total success from an index ablation from the 2006 and earlier time frame is due to more of a genetic predisposition for late progression of the arrhythmia to the LAA area in those folks who never had any work done in those areas originally ... or if it is more or less something most everyone who had a super successful index ablation within that, just under, the first decade of AFIB PVI-base ablations from 1998 to 2006 time frame is going to have to expect to have to do one more time at the ablation table to address this last remaining frontier trigger sources of AFIB/Flutter/AT at the LAA/CS?

Dr Natale did say that so far they have seen a strong genetic impact with this cohort, but I don't think the study is finished as yet and they need more time to sort out the final answer. Both Jackie and Pamela who fit within that excellent success of over 10 years before returning for that follow up process with Dr Natale both had LAA involvement as the major source of their new drivers, and thus both had LAA isolation as well.

In any event, Mike as noted over the phone this past weekend you could not be in better hands ... something you already well know from first hand experience. With your long history of paroxysmal AFIB since childhood too the odds of a genetic contribution to your arrhythmia are likely very high.

Best wishes Mike and look forward to hearing from you once you are awake enough and while waiting for them the pull the foley and get you up and about after the 6 hour wait in bed in your private room at St Davids.... remember too the Salmon dinner there in the hospital is outstanding!

Cheers!
Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2016 01:06AM by Shannon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login