Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

6 month update and question for ablatees (especially Bordeaux)

Posted by montos 
6 month update and question for ablatees (especially Bordeaux)
December 01, 2015 02:30AM
So December 8th is the 6 month anniversary of my Bordeaux ablation. Aside from the occasional ectopic I have been feeling quite well. A couple of days ago I was fasting and this led to a series of palpitations but they were all single ectopics. Maybe 10 in an hour. After 6 months this did feel scary so I drank some coconut water and they went away. Since then I've been eating less but not as extreme and it's been no issues.

I discontinued my beta blocker at 3 months and was hoping to discontinue warfarin at 6 months but Dr. Hocini wants me to continue for 3 more months. In my experience the Bordeaux clinic is extremely cautious compared to other centers but with a CHADS2 of zero, I'm wondering why she wants to go 9 months. I really want off the stuff and I'm wondering what every one else's experience is post ablation with oral contraceptive therapy.

I've read the literature and it's somewhat inconclusive but the more conservative recommendations appear to only apply to people with a CHADS2 of 2 or more.

Thanks,

Monty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 02:32AM by montos.
Re: 6 month update and question for ablatees (especially Bordeaux)
December 06, 2015 02:50PM
Monty, I am so happy to see that you are doing so well. I also know how you feel about the warfarin. Imo if you are sure you are not getting what dr.s like to call silent afib then you have no need for the warfarin, but I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV :-) . I did the same thing after returning from bordeaux. I was sensitive to the occasional skips that would happen. Over time these will cause less anxiety. Even now I still get the odd missed beat which feels like pause then a thump due to the extra blood filling the ventricles that gets whumped out.. I think they are pvc's. Sometimes I ignore them and sometimes I just give a quick check at the carotid artery for a little reassurance. knock on wood no afib. It'll be 4 years in april.

What's 3 more months in the big picture?

Blessings

Adrian
Re: 6 month update and question for ablatees (especially Bordeaux)
December 12, 2015 10:26PM
Good to hear from you, Adrian. Glad to hear you're still doing well. Yeah, after thinking about it, I figured what the heck. A few more months makes very little difference in the grand scheme of things.

All the best,

Monty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login