Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Off Eliquis
October 13, 2015 03:12PM
Hello everyone,

I just received the call that everyone that has ever battled afib dreams of.....it's ok to stop your anticoagulant. Since my index ablation 6/29 with Dr.Natale I have been in NSR that has been confirmed via my weekly medilynx strips, alivecor, and a 7 day holter. Today is a good day!!

Ron
Re: Off Eliquis
October 14, 2015 12:40PM
Woo Hoo, Ron! Most definitely a GREAT day for you. I'm envious! Congrats!

Now, enjoy a healthy, happy life with a peaceful heart in NSR!

Best to you,

Jackie
October 14, 2015 04:09PM
Wonderful - congratulations!

Doreen
October 14, 2015 08:09PM
Terrific news Ron. Congratulations.
October 14, 2015 11:19PM
Ron, wonderful!!!

George
October 15, 2015 05:10AM
Great news......Congrats!!
October 15, 2015 08:55PM
Congrats Ron!
Hopefully your phrenic nerve / lung issues have as well...?
October 16, 2015 12:44AM
Really enjoyed our conversation on the phone yesterday Ron and the very good news you are now well past blanking with only solid NSR and can stop all OAC drug too!

As noted yesterday, the remaining minor remnants from the ablation will continue fading away as well with some passing time and it's good to hear too you are ready to start increasing the exercise a bit more again, keeping it not too crazy intensity, an thus be able to tone up some more again over the coming weeks and months.

Take care and keep us posted along the way.

Shannon
October 16, 2015 12:49AM
Really enjoyed our conversation on the phone yesterday Ron and the very good news you are now well past blanking with only solid NSR and can stop all OAC drug too!

As noted yesterday, the remaining minor remnants from the ablation will continue fading away as well with some passing time and it's good to hear too you are ready to start increasing the exercise a bit more again, keeping it not too crazy intensity, an thus be able to tone up some more again over the coming weeks and months.

Take care and keep us posted along the way.

And Apache, minor to moderate phrenic nerve stunning typicalky takes from 4 to 6 months to fade away. In some case a few months longer but it gradually improves over a bit of time.

Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2015 12:32AM by Shannon.
October 16, 2015 08:33PM
Congratulations, Ron! That IS good news! I just had another TEE and can reduce my Eliquis to the lowest dose, but alas, am still on it. Not a big deal really, as it doesn't seem to affect me in any noticeable way. Of course, I would love to be totally off of it, but I also don't want to push it and be sorry I wasn't on it either.

Sounds like it's time for a huge sigh of relief that you are now "on the other side" again..smiling smiley

Be well ~ Barb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login