Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. Sinatra on Wireless Devices and Arrhythmia

Posted by Jackie 
Dr. Sinatra on Wireless Devices and Arrhythmia
March 28, 2015 09:17AM
The following response from Cardiologist, Stephen Sinatra is from his website blog...

Just a reminder about the effect of the EMFs and wireless devices

HMDI Editor
11/22/13,14:29 0
Hi Sam, Do you live near a cell phone tower, or have wireless devices like Wi-Fi, smart meters, or cordless phones sending signals through your house? Cordless phones, which operate at the same frequency as Wi-Fi, have been shown to affect heart rate and/or rhythm - see [www.heartmdinstitute.com] - we suggest ditching the cordless phones and Wi-Fi for land lines and wired Internet and severely limiting use of cell phones. Try to avoid living near smart meters too. And yes, chemicals / environmental toxins can also lead to arrhythmias .

Best of health and happiness.
Re: Dr. Sinatra on Wireless Devices and Arrhythmia
March 28, 2015 08:53PM
I wonder how Dr. Sinatra and others of his ilk feel about battery powered hearing aids that many of us now wear or will wear sometime.

Maybe the 20 to 30 years it takes to develop brain cancer from these sources won't be within the lifetimes of those of us who have the need?

Gordon
March 29, 2015 10:02AM
Gordon... the energy from hearing aid batteries is different than the electromagnetic frequencies from cell phones and towers, car antennae, smart meters, and Internet and handheld WiFi devices.

When I offfered that lengthy post on the webinar by Oram Miller, the Building Biologist, who was talking about EMFs, I don't recall he mentioned hearing aid batteries. If they were contributory, I'd think he would have been warning about the proximity to the brain... just as he does with the cell phones held to the head.

Also, cochlear implants have batteries and are implanted in children as well as adults and I'm not aware of warnings for those children long-term about brain cancer. I'd think that if there is any detrimental energy from a hearing aid, it would be very minor...and remember, pacemakers do have batteries so that would seem to indicate that type of battery energy would not be instrumental in causing arrhythmia.

Jackie
March 29, 2015 08:39PM
Pacemakers, to the best of my knowledge, don't convert battery energy, (direct current), to alternating current as hearing aids do so I think there's no real comparing those two. Also, a pacemaker is much further away from the brain.

It seems that most are concerned about the frequencies of energy near the brain, the power of it and the time of exposure.

Certainly hearing aids have far more exposure time than most any other source of energy near the brain. They amplify mostly the higher frquencies in the normal hearing range which is below the frequency of wireless but way above power line frequencies.

I couldn't find any references on this subject other than a 2012 report by Dr. Donahue saying that he couldn't find anything relating hearing aids and cancer.

So, I guess we have to decide if other hard data exists relating cell phones, et. al., to brain cancer; or is what's available is mostly meta analysis.

Now that cell phones and hearing aids are connected with bluetooth to other devices on the body, this could get scary.

Gordon
March 30, 2015 09:12AM
Gordon - You can scan through this list of links to reports on the risks of cell phone energy and brain cancer.
This is from Oram Miller's very extensive website... [www.createhealthyhomes.com]

Also Dr. Magda Havas:

New* Youtube video: DECT (cordless phone) signals affect the heart
From EMFacts Consultancy, posted on March 24, 2010
From Magda Havas: "Please watch this 7-minute video on youtube that I made yesterday.
It provides unequivocal evidence that the radiation from a cordless (DECT) phone interferes with the heart.This video provides evidence that electrohypersensitivity is real, is physical, and may be life threatening.
"It also shows that non-thermal exposure, at levels well below federal guidelines in most countries (0.3% of the 1000 microW/cm2), has biological and health effects."

Video and Audio Clips on the Risks of Cell Phone Use
and Exposure to Radio Frequencies (RF)

Note: For a separate list of articles on the dangers of cell phone use, cordless telephone use, wireless Internet (Wi-Fi), and exposure to other radio frequencies, click here. [www.createhealthyhomes.com]

*New* Youtube interview with Dr. Alvaro de Salles on cell phone risks
From Don Maisch, editor of EMFacts Consultancy, posted on April 19, 2010
"I have just viewed Dr. Alvaro Almeida de Salles' 38 minute video interview (September 2009) on Youtube and it is a must-see for clearly explaining the risks of cell phone and WiFi technology. Dr. de Salles explains how the cell phone industry has suppressed the dangers while secretly taking out patents on directional antennas that could significantly reduce cell phone radiation exposure for the user. There's also advice on how you can reduce the risks/children's use of cell phones/WiFi dangers, and much more!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login