Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Real Cause of Heart Attacks

Posted by Adrian 
The Real Cause of Heart Attacks
December 17, 2014 12:43PM
Latest offering from Mercola about the real reason for Heart attacks. Thought it would be interesting to afibbers. Heart rate variability and what not.

Mercola Aticle

Cheers
Adrian
Re: The Real Cause of Heart Attacks
December 17, 2014 02:44PM
Curiouser and curiouser ! Interesting indeed.
December 17, 2014 04:06PM
Quack Quack......
December 17, 2014 07:14PM
Adrian - thanks for posting this.

Dr. Mercola does a good job of passing along what the reliable experts know about the science that is not often brought delved into by mainstream medicine.

As you observe... especially noteworthy is the section on the Heart Rate Variability which is very relevant to afibbers. As I commented in a previous post, the doctor I see for spinal alignment monitoring has improved my HRV to near perfect in the SEMG scan that measures electrical current of muscles.

This report was published in the May 2014 issue of Townsend Letter. This pdf link is the formal report and gives Dr. Cowan's bio and the references where you can see it is backed by science.
[fourfoldhealing.com]

Good to see you posting!
Jackie

References:

1 Rihal CS, et al: "Indications for coronary artery bypass surgery and percutaneous coronary intervention in clinic stable angina." Circulation (2003)
2 Doerr W, et al.: Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg- New York, 1974.
3 Baroldi G, Silver M: The Etiopathogenesis of Coronary Heart Disease: A Heretical Theory Based on Morphology, Eurekah.com, Landes, Bioscience, 2004.
4 Helfant, RH, Forrester JS, Hampton JR, Haft JI, Kemp HG, Gorlin R (1970) Coronary heart disease
5 Sroka, K, On the Genesis of Myocardial Ischemia.
6 J Electrocardio 25:79-88.
7 Sroka, K On the Genesis of Myocardial Ischemia
8 Sroka, et al. (1997) Heart rate variability in myocardial ischemia during daily life. J Electrocardiol 30:45-56.
9 Sroka, K, On the Genesis of Myocardial Ischemia.
10 Ibid.
11 Ibid.
12 Ibid.
13 Ibid.
14 Scheuer, J, et al. (1965) Coronary Insufficiency: relations between hemodynamic, electrical, and biochemical parameters, Circulation Res 17:178-189.
15 Schmidt, PG, et al. (1978) Regional choline acetyltransferase activity in the guinea pig heart, Circulation Res 42:657-660.
16 Katz, AM (1972/1972) Effects of ischemia on the cardiac contractile proteins. Cardiology 56: 276-283.
Anonymous User
December 18, 2014 05:09AM
Hello McHale. I hear you on the subject of quack medicine, but i do not think it is useful to tar everyone with the same brush. Mercola in particular does not deserve this name. Personally i have found his works helpful in gaining a little more knowledge about what ails me. Things he has said that differ from the opinions of mainstream medicine have seemed logical and reasonable to me, as does this article. I have had a lot of contact with mainstream medicine since i got afib in late !999, and many of the things these worthies have told me have turned out to have only the most tenuous connection to reality as i have experienced it. Each to his/her own, but i do not like to see you call Mercola a quack.

PeggyM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login