Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mag and Pot

Posted by tsco 
Mag and Pot
February 06, 2014 01:56PM
After reading several responses on this site. I started drinking low sodium V8 2X daily about two weeks ago. Oddly enough my palps and afib episodes have lessened noticeably. I had one afib episode that was much shorter duration than normal.
Maybe coincidence? I dont have a clue but I feel a little better about it. I know the V8 is high in potassium. What would be a good form of supplement magnesium to compliment this?
Also I am scheduled an ablation late Feb early March. Should I discontinue the V8 and any other supplement that might interfere or will the drugs they give me during the ablation override any benefit I am getting?
Re: Mag and Pot
February 07, 2014 12:47AM
Hi taco,c

You don't have to discontinue the Low sodium V8 juice prior to or after the ablation at all. It will continue to provide some needed potassium and other nutrients for oral Magnesium either get a good Chelated Mag Glycinate of Bys-Glycinate chelated with the Albion Labs Process as noted in the bottle. Brands like Bluebonnet, Solgar, Metagenics, Drs Best and several others meet that criteria and follow 'The Strategy' protocol you will see featured in the 'AFIB Resources' link at the top if this page. Topical Magnesium either from Anient Minerals company, or at 'Magnesium Infusion' (my favorite) are great alternatives and compliments to oral Magnesium which is challenging for many to absorb orally properly to get enough Intracellular mag level increase require to steady the heart and make the potassium work better and with much less chance if pro-arrhythmia from excess Potassium with too low an IC mag status.

You are discovering what so many of us have, that these vital heart calming minerals are a necessary beneficial life-long addition to our dietary intake and life style.

Make sure you have good on-board stores both before and after the ablation will really help the entire process including recovery from the ablation. Since your procedure us coming up soon, consider getting your IC mag levels quickly restored with a series of twice a week IV Myers cocktails containing 3grams of Magnesium Sulfate over the next month it so. A good naturopath ND or functional/integrative medicine MD will be able to do this for you.

Best wishes, Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 01:34AM by Shannon.
Re: Mag and Pot
February 07, 2014 03:46PM
I just had a consult for my ablation surgery with Dr. Hongo. He looked over my list of supplements and said I did not need to stop any of these before surgery, but it would be best if you gave your surgeon your supplement list and asked him to check it over. I am taking magnesium, potassium, a mineral complex, Vit D3, ubiquinol, Super DHA fish oil, molybdenum, hydroxol B12, folate, HCl, probiotic, zinc, and all these were okay.

Good luck on your surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Nancy M.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login