Advanced

pradaxa

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
pradaxa
February 06, 2014 05:13AM
Re: pradaxa
February 06, 2014 05:34AM
Scary stuff, Peggy. Thanks for posting it.

Gill
February 06, 2014 08:17AM
Thanks Peggy,
Good find, gives more insight into the kind of back room maneuvering that often goes on at Big Pharma in order to present the most prettiest face in the most favorable light possible they can on a new drug, even when they have a pig on their hands ... (no offense to pigs which can be quite cute as babies)... I didn't hear of any EP's at Boston AFIB last month in Orlando who were still prescribing Pradaxa. It's definitely the blackest sheep of the NOAC's so far and has little reason for being.

Shannon
February 07, 2014 05:38PM
Excerpts from a September 18, 2013 ruling quote the judge as stating, “I’ve never seen a litigation where the problems are just ongoing and continual, and every month or every week there’s an issue of this failure or that failure and the other failure. It just is astounding.”

The Court is continuously being called upon to address issues relating to untimely, lost, accidentally destroyed, missing, and/or ‘just recently discovered’ evidence.”
• Placing the blame on others such as third-party vendors or their own employees
• Blaming the defendants’ and/or counsel’s lack of experience in addressing litigation of this size
• Stating they didn’t know until recently that Pradaxa lawsuits would turn into a large nationwide MDL
• Blaming technical issues, such as an accidentally erased hard drive
• Minimizing the violations, stating the documents were not really needed
• Stating the discovery requests are too broad in scope
• Saying they didn’t know about the gaps in their production until September 2013

[newyork.legalexaminer.com]

Stephen
Anonymous User
Re: pradaxa another article from today's paper
February 08, 2014 06:47AM
February 08, 2014 08:35AM
Pradaxa ER bleeding deaths

This article from a little over a year ago, references one of the Trauma Docs (Dr Cotton) who has been working with my niece at Hermann Trauma Center in Houston, the largest volume trauma center in the US on the paper that was finally now fully submitted for publication at the end of last year (should hear any day now when the pub date is) on the dangers of Pradaxa in the ER.

It's very well said in the article, these new drugs are prescribed by Cardios, EP's and GP's with great fanfare who rarely see the patients thereafter, maybe twice a year for 15 minutes, and yet its the ER and trauma docs that see and have to deal with and mop up the consequences.

The patients that die from a traumatic bleed in the ER, very often their prescribing Cardio will never know what happened to them. Or when their family informs the docs secretary or nurse of his or her death when the patient misses their next appointment, they may never learn that it was their prescription that put the nails in their coffin.

That's why you have seen a rather cavalier attitude in the Cardio community toward NOACs without an antidote... At least until recently. At Boston AF most of the EPs were shying away from prescribing Pradaxa at all so gradually the bad news has reached a majority of them.

ER/Trauma docs are usually the frontline where the real world reality compared to the often carefully tailored and idealized scenario from initial pre-approval clinical drug trials which are designed first and foremost to show any drug in its best possible light (relative risk analysis versus absolute numbers needed to treat view as one common technique used to paint a misleading and more favorable picture) to protect the investors in the Big Pharma companies making the drugs and desperately seeking FDA and EU approval. Those real world results rarely start to become public knowledge until a couple of years after a new class of drug has been in the wild.

Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 08:43AM by Shannon.
February 10, 2014 07:39PM
Unsealed Court Documents in Pradaxa Case

[www.nytimes.com]

one of e-mails states they should not discuss matter in e-mails. E-Mail trail?

Stephen
February 12, 2014 04:49PM
RE: one of e-mails states they should not discuss matter in e-mails. E-Mail trail?

My error. Thought I read above but can't find again to confirm. I must have been confused with line destroy this -e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.

Sorry for my confusion.

Stephen
February 28, 2014 05:41PM
Interesting ABC station video:

[www.wxyz.com]
February 28, 2014 05:54PM
Forgot to include:

The anticoagulant market is still led by Boehringer Ingelheim's Pradaxa, followed by Johnson & Johnson ($JNJ) and Bayer's Xarelto. And Eliquis' rivals figure that it's too early, really, to compare adverse-event reports on the newest drug in the class with those that have been on the market years longer--and have been used by millions more patients.

[www.fiercepharma.com]

Stephen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login