Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

free AliveCor heart monitor

Posted by gleeloyd 
free AliveCor heart monitor
November 08, 2013 02:42PM
I waited to post this until I received my shipping confirmation.

Participants in the UCSF eHeart study are given the opportunity to get an AliveCor heart monitor sent to you at no charge - and with no prescription provided by you (maybe one is provided through the study I'm not sure). The device works on iPhone 4 & 5.

It took me 3-4 hours to enroll and fill out all the surveys. Your profile must be complete before you get the AliveCor offer. This is a long-term study (10 years I think).

http://www.health-eheartstudy.org/

Good luck!
Gary
Re: free AliveCor heart monitor
November 09, 2013 03:18PM
I got one after following up on another site--nifty little gadget, especially if you get for free. It does not analyze your readings, though.

Also, can't keep otter box on iphone if that's what you use.
Results are on phone as well as AliveCor site in pdf. You can print from there or convert to something in word or pages and keep. If you delete from phone--deletes from site. Could print as you go, if you want.

Karen

There are other personal monitors but some require RX's--
November 10, 2013 09:27AM
Thank you so much for this info. I have one on the way. My EP has asked,me to use one of these to send reports to him. Nice savings. Lynda
November 10, 2013 09:45AM
Thank you, Gary.

I finished the survey and then had trouble downloading the app to my phone. It finally downloaded but the activation email was "no longer active." I got several and clicked on the link, but I don't think it actually finished activating. Did you get an email confirming shipment? I will keep trying.

I am happy to be part of this study.

Louise
November 11, 2013 08:43AM
Louise,

Yes, I received an email from someone at AliveCor confirming shipment but it was at least a week after installing the app. You may want to contact AliveCor directly. No one with the eHeart program ever responded to my emails or phone calls (I had trouble also). Go to alivecor.com and pick Customer Support and then Email Support. They were prompt and helpful with me.

BTW, prior to finding out about this study, I approached my general practitioner, my regular cardiologist, and the E.P. that I have started seeing. NONE of them would have ANYTHING to do with writing a prescription for this device.

Good luck!

Gary
November 11, 2013 05:22PM
Thank you for the info, Gary. I'm not surprised about the doctors. Think of all the office calls and EKG's they wouldn't be able to charge for if you had someone else to read them for you or you learned (heaven forbid) to read them yourself!

Louise
November 23, 2013 10:22AM
Gary and Lynda, How long did it take to get your monitor. I actually got as far as downloading the app, but AliveCor sent me an email to click on the "Buy" button. I then emailed my sponsor at eHeath and have not heard from her. I did the survey 3 weeks ago. Thank you!

Louise
December 04, 2013 09:46AM
Gary and Lynda,

Are you actually doing anything with eheart and the monitor? I cannot get my eheart sponsor to return an email and have never received a monitor.

Louise
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login