Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CardioRhythm for PACs/PVCs ???

Posted by Jackie 
CardioRhythm for PACs/PVCs ???
November 08, 2013 09:28PM
Curious to know if anyone has tried CardioRhythm (Vitamin Research Products) for PACs/PVCs?

From the ingredient list, it would appear that the herbals would have more effect than the small amount of magnesium….especially the Sophora flavescens said to help prolong the refractory period… which makes sense, as a shortened refractory can lead to Afib. Of course, the nice amount of Taurine helps distribute electrolytes efficiently as well and the inclusion of Panax notoginseng is intriguing.

Jackie

Product write-ups:
This new formula takes advantage of the latest science in support of normal heart rhythm. Magnesium and Taurine have been combined in the form of Magnesium Taurinate providing a more effective ability to promote proper electrical transmissions in support of normal cardiac rhythms. In addition to Magnesium Taurinate, a trio of specialty herbs provides further synergistic benefits for cardiac health.*
Cardio Complex is a unique blend of nutrients and botanical extracts that helps maintain the normal rhythm of your heart. Magnesium taurinate functions to promote cellular electrical stability, while the trio of herb extracts provides supporting activity through several complementary mechanisms.

This trio includes:

- The alkaloid berberine to help protect the health of
the cardiac muscle tissue.
- Panax notoginseng to maintain normal heart rhythm.
- Sophora flavescens and its active component, oxymatrine, lengthens the heart’s relaxation phase
to help support normal heartbeat.

Serving Size: 2 Capsules

Magnesium (from magnesium taurinate) 90 mg /
Taurine (from magnesium taurinate) 788 mg /
Panax notoginseng root extract 100 mg /
Sophora flavescens leaf extract 100 mg /
Berberine Sulfate 50 mg / (from Berberis aristata root extract)

- See more at: [pureformulas.com]

[www.cpmedical.net]

[www.cpmedical.net]

[www.cpmedical.net]
Re: CardioRhythm for PACs/PVCs ???
November 09, 2013 02:51AM
Interesting but would 180 mg of Magnesium be enough?
Most everything I have seen in this site says 400 to 600G per day.
I like the Idea of putting it all in a capsule though.

Joe
November 09, 2013 02:32PM
Joe - of course the magnesium is not enough as I noted initially, but the inclusion of the herbals with their unique properties was interesting. I was inquiring if anyone had experience using CardioRhythm.

Jackie
November 09, 2013 07:49PM
I take CardioRhythm along with 400mg magnesium, 10meq potassium and ubiquinol. When I started it, it seemed to quiet some of my PACs and PVCs. I still have occasional afib, so I can't call it a complete success.

Cathy
November 09, 2013 08:37PM
Thanks Cathy - that's very encouraging. Perhaps you need more magnesium if you aren't at bowel tolerance yet. What about your potassium level and do you take taurine as well?

Jackie
November 11, 2013 02:53PM
I only take the taurine in 2 CardioRhythm/day (788 mg, as you stated above). I take a prescription 10MeQ potassium daily and recent blood tests have shown my potassium to be in range. I think I am at bowel tolerance for the magnesium. Adding ubiquinol seemed to make a difference too, I currently take 100 mg ubiquinol daily.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login