Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

for Ron B

Posted by aldona 
for Ron B
July 31, 2013 12:23AM
Hi Ron,

just looked up BB and have seen your post.

I do not read BB as often as I used to when I was ill.

I was very surprised to read about hospital and food.
I have completely opposite experience.
My first ablation was in 2006, second in 2007.
AF returned after 9 months post first ablation. Currently its 6 years and 6 months post second ablation. I am doing very well.
I have travelled from Australia to have my ablation in Bordeaux.

When I was in hospital, with my husband the condition of hospital was very good. It was very clean, you could really eat off the floor. Meals were excellent, we actually looked forward to our meals.

The most important thing was that all the doctors staff etc. were just marvellous.

After my ablation we have stayed in place called Citea, in small studio. with kitchenette, I could have healthy diet, we cooked our meals.
The good shopping was done in Auchon, 15 min. walk, we supplied ourselves with all healthy foods, vegetables, fruit, yoghurts etc.etc.
I could have cups of green tea whenever I wanted,without need to go out just to have tea, it was winter when I was there twice, we did not eat in restaurants, maybe once.
We are pretty good cooks so it is not easy to impress us.

I wish you good recovery, take good care of yourself, your heart needs lots of TLC now.
Usually the second ablation in Bordeaux does the trick but there are many who had only one and are doing well.

All the best.
Aldona.
Anonymous User
Re: for Ron B
July 31, 2013 12:36AM
After six years, healthcare finances are probably taking their toll.

L
Re: for Ron B
July 31, 2013 07:07PM
Like Aldona, I am not as frequent a visitor to the board as I once was. My Bordeaux ablation was in the spring of 2012. I did not find the hospital to be dirty, just old. The food was quite plain and tasteless but it was about what I was expecting for a hospital, basic. After the ablation we also stayed in a small apartment on Rue Huggerie cooked our own meals and shopped at the Auchon and sometimes The Merriadec mall. They had one restaurant there that was like a cafeteria where they would cook what you ordered. I thought the wine dispenser ( like a juice dispenser ) was really cool.

The thing I liked the least about Bordeaux was that everyone seemed to smoke and you had to keep your eyes on the sidewalk while walking so as to avoid the dog crap. I don't know if its irresponsible owners or stray chiens but there seemed to be a lot.

Cheers

Adrian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login