Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

8 years since ablation

Posted by dnvrfox 
8 years since ablation
August 03, 2013 09:16AM
8 years coming up since my Natale ablation. No meds except adult aspirin daily, went from 1 year of continuous 24/7 AFib to NSR for 8 years now.

Here is my 6 months update.

So, I will be 74 in November.

I do 150 pushups (3 x 50) pushups, bench presses, planks, curls, rows, do the TRX, am doing a lot of balance exercises on the BOSU ball, balance board, etc., and a lot of stretching. About 180 minutes of exercise daily. I do regular (4-5 times per week) 20-40 mile bicycle rides this summer followed by a 40 minute swim, and lots of walking.

I am still active in the gospel singing group I started 8 years ago,

www.xyzingers.info

and my advocacy activities continue. [www.pad-co.info]

I m writing this to provide hope to some of you, and to show that a good life can still go on in your 70's

Best of luck to all of you.

Denver

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2013 09:33AM by dnvrfox.
Re: 8 years since ablation
August 03, 2013 09:56AM
Wow! You inspire me. Which one are you in the picture? The one in the center? Lynda. Best to you.
August 03, 2013 10:37AM
Hello Denver!!!

Wonderful to hear your very positive report. Lynda's right; very inspiring.

Thanks for staying in touch.

Best to you,
Jackie
August 03, 2013 12:16PM
Thank you for this report of successful ablation! We need more of them on this site.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
August 03, 2013 12:25PM
Iatrogenia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you for this report of successful ablation!
> We need more of them on this site.

You are welcome. BTW, I had my ablation with Natale in Marin and Dr's Hao and Hsu assisted.
August 03, 2013 02:57PM
Let us hope the magic has been passed to the disciple.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
August 03, 2013 11:35PM
Nice to hear 8 years of NSR with one of the Best!
I just had my Natale ablation May 28 after meeting him for the first time that day at 12:30pm.
Then we just decided to just do it then. Never hesitated for a second when he asked me do you want to go now!
The man is a humble genius and a Mastetro with the catheter!!!
Feeling great after a bit of a rough start the first month!

McHale

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2013 10:45AM by McHale.
August 04, 2013 09:04PM
Good to hear Denver!

Always nice to hear your periodic reports from NSR- land... A place Im well settled into now as well, also courteousy of Dr Natale. He does have the midis touch ...

Be well,
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login