Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5 months to the day

Posted by justfibbing 
5 months to the day
February 19, 2013 01:30PM
It is 5 months today since my ablation procedure. Aside from occasional PACs, (which usually occur after a restaurant meal ) I am Afib free, and crossing my fingers in cautious optimism. I take NO DRUGS of any kind ( unless you count caffeine in my coffee) and supplement only with fish oil and vitamins. I power walk almost every day, do Pilates once a week and plan to return to Qi Gong when classes resume. Spending a low stress winter in Palm Springs certainly aids in recovery. I'm very fortunate, and with luck, can make this my final post on Afibbers!
Re: 5 months to the day
February 19, 2013 01:36PM
Feel good story justfibbing. Hope your luck holds and you stay in NSR forever.

Jim
February 19, 2013 03:44PM
Dear Just - I wish you the most enjoyable, healthy life forever in blessed NSR.

Jackie
February 19, 2013 06:32PM
Thanks for posting, I love to hear those stories
February 19, 2013 11:12PM
My ablation was 4 months ago without incident. But I'm still watchful. No telling when the beast can rear its ugly head, but hopefully not from within my isolated Pulmonary veins for a while. Thanks go to Massachusetts General Hospital EP Lab.
February 19, 2013 11:19PM
Just remember, what you ate and your lifestyle before may have caused you heart to be Afibby ! If you go back to the same bad habits, it may come back. Good luck.
February 20, 2013 08:49PM
Justfibbing, I'm about at the same point - well 4 months since ablation - and so far so good here too. Heart rate has now gone back to the pre-ablation rate too.
February 21, 2013 06:59PM
Ok... I just had to check in and thank you all for your good wishes. Yes, my optimism is very cautious. After all, I was in the post-op room at Royal Jubilee with at least 2 others who were on their second go-round in 9 months.
and Larry, I'm not sure what bad habits may have led to this condition ....being a consumer of the deadly wheat kernel? enjoying a cookie with my mid-morning coffee? being of British ancestry? or.... having an electrifying personality. ha. I'm researching electrical fields in humans and if that divining rod exercise in Qi Gong has any merit, I'm a veritable transformer station. Lucille Ball wasn't the only woman to pick up radio signals through her fillings! But this is a topic for another forum!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login