Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Catheter Catheterisation Procedure and Afib

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Catheter Catheterisation Procedure and Afib
January 12, 2016 10:36AM
I'm getting a nasty feeling of pressure in my chest when I exercise or do physical work. Even a 50 yard walk or a little bit of pruning brings it on. When I do get it it eases after 15 - 20 minutes of rest but leaves a slight feeling of pressure and weakness for the rest of the day.

I'm due to have the procedure to inject dye and map the coronary arteries to check for blockages or narrowing. I'm not convinced this is the cause of the pressure, nor is my Cardiologist, but at least it will confirm or rule out one possibility.

My biggest concern is whether it will bring on an Afib episode, either by the presence of the catheter in the heart or the nervousness I know I will have about the procedure.

Any experiences by anyone who has had the procedure or has any advice will be, as always, very much appreciated.

Sam
Sam
Re: Catheter Catheterisation Procedure and Afib
January 12, 2016 11:40AM
My apologies! I accidentally put this on the wrong Forum (and got the heading wrong). It's on the correct Forum now.
Sam
January 14, 2016 08:11PM
I have had a Nuclear Stress Test and an Electrocardiogram (echo) and no problems with the Nuclear test or the echo, so you should be OK.

Liz
Sam
January 15, 2016 11:45AM
Thanks for the reply. Elizabeth. The test I'm due to have doesn't just inject dye into the veins. A catheter is also inserted into the artery at the wrist, up the arm and inside the heart, so it's a bit scary.

Sam
January 15, 2016 02:58PM
Oh, that is different, but you need to know so just think that it is a helpful test and it will soon be over, good luck to you and you will be alright.

Liz
Sam
January 16, 2016 10:25AM
Thanks!

Sam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login