Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Salvestrols

Posted by alex 
alex
Salvestrols
November 19, 2012 09:28PM
Hello Jackie Hans and anyone,

I have read about salvestrols and they sound interesting but the information is very general.

Getting to specifics hasn't been possible for me.

The question is, does a sensible apparently healthy person take any of these compounds as a positive step?

Thanks.

Alex
Re: Salvestrols
November 20, 2012 09:01AM
Yes I've heard of them, and they occur naturally in cruciferous vegetables. You're probably better off eating lots of cruciferous vegetables that have them naturally. So often, they take a beneficial compound from food and put it in a pill, and studies show the pill doesn't do anything for you, whereas studies show that eating the food has lots of benefits. That has happened with Omega 3's.
November 20, 2012 01:25PM
Alex,

Bill Ware wrote an article in International Health News on salvestrols awhile back. You can find it here: [www.yourhealthbase.com]

Hans
November 20, 2012 01:39PM
Alex - if you are eating an abundance of fresh organic fruits and veggies, you are already benefiting.

This report reminds that the plant sources must be organic...

The Effect of Food Production.

But the most exciting discovery was the fact which led the scientists to unravel the true mysteries of salvestrols. The team has now shown that these important substances are produced by plants to protect themselves from pests and disease, in a similar way that mammals have evolved to use them. However, the use of many modern fungicides and crop protection chemicals means that plants which are not organically grown will not express high concentrations of salvestrols because they are never exposed to the attacks which cause the plant to produce them at such levels!
[www.salvestrol.ca]

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login