Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

“Tregs”, autoimmune disorders, and vitamin D

Posted by Todd 
A treg sounds like something out of the Hobbit but for the 55 million Americans, mostly women, suffering from one of the eighty or more autoimmune diseases, a treg should be something that fascinates you. A treg or T regulatory cells is a part of the immune system that suppress reactions of other immune cells. This self-stop is built into the immune system to prevent excessive untoward reactions, especially the ones that mistakenly think of your own tissues as a foreign invader

Regulatory T cells come in many forms but are crucial to prevent autoimmune diseases, where the patient’s immune system is killing self. These diseases are often chronic, debilitating, and life threatening. They are among the ten leading causes of younger female deaths.

Increase your Vitamin D level to hopefully prevent some of this below.
This was significant at the .001 level and enough to give hope to those with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, autism (yes, I do believe autism is an autoimmune disorder), MS, and a host of other diseases that the correct amount of vitamin D might help treat the disease.

[curezone.com]
Tregs, I just found this forum..I have an autoimmune disease, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. (along with my Afib, that I am in now) I take 1000 Vitamin D..is there a chance more would be of help?.......Thanks.....Nel
Here is a website with lots of remedies for your Polymyalgia Rheumatica.
[www.earthclinic.com]

I did a search on this site for vitamin D3 and each result will have some reference to vitamin D.
There will be a lot of them to go through.
[www.afibbers.org]
Re: “Tregs”, autoimmune disorders, and vitamin D
July 11, 2012 01:22PM
Todd,

I think it would be a more economical use of time to read Professor Bill Ware's excellent article on vitamin D than to go through all the postings re. Vitamin D on the Bulletin Board. You can find the article here: [www.yourhealthbase.com]

Hans
You are so right Tregs, my eyes won't take any more right now, lot's of reading...I don't know about that lemon and baking soda, (I have a lemon tree), but I've always been on the acid side, can't tolerate much orange juice, even apples that aren't sweet..
I saw my Rheumy yesterday and he is thinking now that maybe I don't have Poloymyalgia(after all these 7 years) as my sed-rate is low now and has been for some time..It started at 140, down now to 14....

Hans, I guess auto immune diseases are about the hardest thing there is to diagnose. I sure wish they would decide though. I don't take prednisone any more, just metrotrexate and folic acid..
Can you tell me the best Magnesium to take..Chloride, citrate, or etc..I take Coq10, Mega Red, Magnesium, Vit. D3, Vit.E, and a milti. Vit..For my Afib all I take is 25 Metoprolol and also for BP, Furosamide, and Diovan..
Looks like my Cardio is going to leave me in Afib..I've had 8 cardioversions in the last 12 years, and the Afib was all different..now if it wasn't for my auto immune problem, I could do almost anything. Just tired, that can be either one of the other...
Excuse my rambling and, thank you Treg, and Hans.....Nel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login