Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

topical magnesium

Posted by stef 
topical magnesium
April 13, 2016 11:12PM
Is topical magnesium as effective as the ingested version? Can it be used as a supplement to the ingested version? Thank you.
Re: topical magnesium
April 13, 2016 11:35PM
Yes it is effective. Topical is more hassle, but it also won't cause loose stools. There are posts in the archive on topical mag with many ways to apply it. If you care & can't find, let me know & I'll locate.
Anonymous User
April 14, 2016 12:50AM
Transdermal Magnesium Therapy: A New Modality for the Maintenance of Health
By Dr. Mark Sircus (July 2011)
[www.amazon.com]
April 14, 2016 01:57AM
I like the EASE product from EASE by Activation Products it is Mag Chloride Hexahydrate which is the most highly and quickly absorbed of the topical magnesium products I've tried ( and I e used almost all of them at one time or another).

Plus the EASE spray will not get tacky or sticky on the skin after absorption and thus requiring a quick light rinse off or patting your treated skin with a warm moist towel before putting your clothes on after application of the spray.

With EASE you spray it on ( 15 -20 sprays after your morning shower and can add ten sprays before bed too ...on low hair areas and rub in vigorously for 30 seconds or so and it will be completely absorbed leaving only smooth soft skin within 2 minutes allowing you to dress for work or the day without dealing with any tacky residue.

Really good stuff , just be sure to order several of the 500mil replacement refill bottles to refill the main 250mil spray bottle as well. They also now offer a 64 ounce bottle of EASE Mag Chloride Hexahydrate to put in the bath or a foot soak small tub you can get at most pharmacies .. Start with 2 ounces in a foot soak using no higher that 105 degrees F water and soak both feet up for 20 to 30 minutes . Fir a full bath soak use 4 to 8 ounces and again use very warm but not very hot water (around 105 degrees F is best to keep pores open and not so hot that your pores shut and reduce absorption. And soak fir half an hour and your whole body will
Feel as relaxed as silly putty.

Great as a good sleep aid too and will almost invariable stop an restless leg syndrome.

Shannon

Shannon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2016 12:13PM by Shannon.
April 14, 2016 10:22AM
Stef,

I've posted on this over the years, here is a search on my past posts: <[www.afibbers.org]

I make my own "magnesium oil" very inexpensively by purchasing magnesium chloride as nigari flakes (20 kg at a time!) <[www.naturalimport.com] and adding just enough water to make a supersaturated solution. It has an oily feeling, though there is no oil in it.

Here is a link describing how to apply epsom salt in transdermal formulations <[www.enzymestuff.com]

George
April 14, 2016 06:07PM
Thank you all for your helpful and informative replies.
May 01, 2016 05:57AM
First off - Hi everyone smiling smiley Long time since I've been in here and there is so much to catch up on.

This is an easy post - I have used Epsom salts [Magnesium sulphate] every day for what seems like many years - as George says, make a supersaturated solution and very cheap. I apply am and bedtime - belly, back and shoulders and leave residue on my hands too for a while.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login