Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wallach Afib Treatment Update

Posted by phill 
Wallach Afib Treatment Update
April 14, 2016 11:38AM
G'day all,

I am hypersensitive to pharmaceuticals, so rate control medication would send me into severe might terrors that do not bear recalling. Changing meds made me very weary all day, and still with Afib. Had four ablations, but it was only a temporary fix; over several years the damn Afib was returning. So I just lived with it, but it was just survival and not living. Then by chance I happened to watch Dr Joel Wallach on TV claim Afib was not a heart problem but squeezing or crushing of the nerves by degenerating discs. What, osteoporosis or some such? Me? Never! I'm youthful for my age, with a good spine, stand upright and move about easily. Only a little lower back problem sometimes, but who doesn't?

Anyway, I read up on all natural approaches to osteoporosis and voila! The Afib has seemingly gone over 3-6 months. I now consume all the foods and vitamins that used to give skipped beats and then AF for at least 36 hours. The other day I ate too many radishes and upset my digestion completely. But no Afib. Had a good session of sleep apnoea with my heart pounding heavily upon waking. But no Afib.

I've already provided general guidelines about the Wallach approach a few months back and don't want to repeat them here, aside a few additional tips. Get someone to rub anti-inflammatory cream on vertebrae Th1-Th4, essentially from the base of the neck down to between the shoulder blades (at least) to reduce inflammation around the associated spinal nerves and discs. Don't be overweight. Manage your diet to give good digestion and good nutrition and to lower the inflammatory response. Read up on anything and everything, vitamins, minerals, limbering exercise, etc. to do with bone loss and managing osteoporosis and see what suits.

I don't say I am cured as there is a lot of ground to make up. 20+ years of bone/disc degeneration will take time to correct. And the heart retains a muscle-memory of Afib. (As anyone with Afib knows, the heart become hyped and fearful, sometimes triggering when it shouldn't.) I still manage my lifestyle to protect the heart, but only marginally to what I used to. And no Afib.

It has worked for me. It may work for you.

Greetings from the land DownUnder.
Re: Wallach Afib Treatment Update
April 17, 2016 11:49PM
Maybe I lack computer skills but I couldn't find you earlier reference phill.

I would appreciate it if you could refer me to your Wallach material.

Thanks

Alex
April 18, 2016 06:39AM
Alex,

I found it about 5 pages back 12/21/2015.
May 09, 2016 06:46AM
I find this interesting because I had a chiropractor tell me several year ago that he thought the afib related to the nerves in my upper spine that connected to my thyroid. I have had a massage to my upper back put me into a fib and on a couple occasions upper spine adjustments. Not sure how this might figure in to stress and poor sleep being triggers.
June 07, 2016 10:30AM
Lynn,

As I understand it...

The chiropractor adjusting your upper back by 'cracking' the vertebrae back into place, irritated the already crushed/bruised nerves that control heart rate and rhythm. Realignment needs to be more gentle.

Stress and sleep are triggers because your heart is constantly receiving irritated nerve signals. (At one stage in my past, my list of Afib triggers was a list two-thirds of an A4 page in length.)

Too early to give another update other than I'm throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the Afib. The only time my heart packed-it-in was when deliberately over-exerting my upper spine through excessive exercise. Sore upper back, irritated spinal nerves, Afib. Healed back, healed spinal nerves, no Afib.

Never felt better.

It remains a work in progress.
June 08, 2016 02:34PM
Hi Phil - I will be very interested in reading your periodic progress report updates as well as learning more about your restorative program.

There is a specialized training course for chiropractors called The Directional Non-Force Technique (TM) that corrects mis-alignments of the spine without the twisting or cracking that is traditionally associated with chiropractic adjustments.
The focus is to gently relax muscles and move (gently) vertebrae that are out of alignment with gentle pressure so they no longer impinge or press on nerves and cause dysfunction at various points along the nerve's path so your body can respond appropriately. (as quoted from their literature). I have the good fortune to have a DNFT practitioner (who is also an DNFT instructor) in my area whom I've seen for over three years. While the treatments didn't change my AF from progressing, they certainly made my spine and other related areas feel younger and more comfortable than before I began.

BTW - I became acquainted with Dr. Wallach well over 20 years ago when he was on tour here in Ohio giving his "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" seminar. It was most enjoyable and highly enlightening.

I'm so pleased you are doing so well.

Best to you,
Jackie
June 09, 2016 10:20AM
Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the chiropractic info! Now I know who to seek next time my back complains. It been so long since I tried them as memories of the old-fashioned technique lingers. Especially the lower back crunch when they snap-twist the hips one way and the torso the other. Or the sudden neck twist. Oww oww oww!

I'm trying to be restrained about 'claiming' the Afib over as experience is the beast is difficult to dislodge and can return when least expected, as we all know too well.

The chiro ought to ease pressure on the nerves but won't prevent progression of the Afib if the vertebrae have shrunk somewhat (as we lose height after our prime years) pinching the nerves. I concentrate on trialling supplements for osteoporosis as Dr Wallach believes bone and cartilage and whatever can be rebuilt with nutrition and supplementation.
Wallach ought to update his books as they have next to nothing about Afib, so I used YouTube for the basics from him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login