Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AFIBBERS FORUM

A forum for sharing experiences regarding atrial fibrillation and other atrial tachy-arrhythmias. 
Erling

November 26, 2010 07:57AM
With flu season arriving, and Jake and others suffering with Lyme disease in addition to Afib, it seemed important to establish and post provable facts, if any, about ‘colloidal silver’ as anti-microbial. It is certainly true that silver has a long history of use, and there is much fascinating information: “Hippocrates, the "Father of Medicine", taught that silver healed wounds and controlled disease. Around 400 BC, he listed as a singular treatment for ulcers "the flowers of silver alone, in the finest powder." Herodotus describes how the King of Persia carried with him boiled water in silver flagons to prevent sickness. In 69 BC, silver nitrate was described in the contemporary pharmacopoeia”. [www.naturodoc.com]

‘A Brief History of The Health Support Uses of Silver’ [www.purestcolloids.com]

"There aren't any known microbes that can survive after silver is used!” Dr. Henry Crooke, 1910.

Many hours spent exploring the web with e-mail co-'adventurer' Jackie did finally convince us that a specific form, designated ‘true’ colloidal silver, consisting of nano-meter size solid silver particles (Ag), is indeed powerfully anti-microbial everything -- viruses, spirochetes, all other bacteria. The websites [www.silver-colloids.com]? and [www.utopiasilver.com] became the principle places for reliable information, within a swampland of advertising hype, misinformation, disinformation, ignorance, and outright lies. Here the principal source of “truth” is [www.silver-colloids.com]

There are three distinctly different products called “colloidal silver’, described in detail:
-- ‘ionic’ colloidal silver [silver-colloids.com]
-- 'protein' colloidal silver [www.silver-colloids.com]
-- ‘true’ colloidal silver [www.silver-colloids.com]

Product reports on 32 brands and types, each linked to its lab analysis, is in two tables toward the bottom of this page, a veritable consumer’s report and shopper's guide: [www.silver-colloids.com]

Recommended highly for understanding the fundamental science: 'Silver Colloids, Do They Work?', a 1999 book by colloids professor Dr. Donald J. Gibbs, University of Delaware. It is free to read: [www.silver-colloids.com]

See also 'Bioactivity of Colloidal Silver Is No Surprise' by Mitchell Cotter.
[www.silver-colloids.com]

Most of the marketed colloidal silver, and all ‘home brewed’ colloidal silver, is ‘ionic’, consisting of mostly silver ions along with a percentage of solid silver particles. Ag+ ions are highly anti-microbial, as shown when tested ‘In vitro’, which is generally done to demonstrate high efficacy for advertising purposes. But ‘in vivo’ - within the body - efficacy is greatly reduced as the Ag+ ions rapidly combine with chloride ions (Cl-) from stomach acid and in the circulation to form ineffective silver chloride. Any effectiveness of oral ionic colloidal silver is therefore attributable to the percentage of solid particles. However, ionic colloidal silver is highly efficacious when used topically as in a salve, or as nose drops, or inhaled using a nebulizer.

A legitimate ‘in vitro’ test comparing the antimicrobial effectiveness of an ionic colloidal silver (Sovereign Silver) with a 'true' colloidal silver (MesoSilver) was performed by EMSL Analytical [www.emsl.com] In this test Cl- ions were added to the E-coli test medium to replicate the ‘in vivo’ environment within the body [www.silver-colloids.com] Here is a graph showing the test results: [silver-colloids.com].

True colloidal silver having only nano-sized particles can not cause “argyria”, a cosmetic discoloration caused by 'large' silver particles permanently lodged in tissues. Concern about this has apparently been fueled by Big Pharma via the media to dissuade use of colloidal silver as antibiotic-antimicrobial. Thus the notorious Blue Man Fraud:

“The major media from Fox to CNN to ABC are again running what amounts to a propaganda blitzkrieg against colloidal silver with stories about a man, Paul Karason, who developed a cosmetic condition called Argyria, from using large quantities of homemade colloidal silver.” Continue: [www.utopiasilver.com]. More story plus the Blue Man's picture: [www.purestcolloids.com]

This excellent animation ‘tool’ helps visualize nano-size silver particles: [www.purestcolloids.com]

A forum for use of ‘true’ colloidal silver against various infective diseases, including Lyme: [www.colloidforum.com]

“How to supplement your immune system to reduce Lyme Disease symptoms”. Testimonials: [www.colloidsforlife.com]

Other disease testimonials: [www.utopiasilver.com]

This 2005 report from the Journal of Nanobiotechnology confirms antiviral efficacy: [www.jnanobiotechnology.com]

Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Texas.
Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, San Nicolás de los Garza, Nuevo León, Mexico

Jose Luis Elechiguerra, Justin L Burt, Jose R Morones, Alejandra Camacho-
Bragado, Xiaoxia Gao, Humberto H Lara and Miguel Jose Yacaman

Interaction of Silver Nanoparticles With HIV-1.

Abstract

“The interaction of nanoparticles with biomolecules and microorganisms is an expanding field of research. Within this field, an area that has been largely unexplored is the interaction of metal nanoparticles with viruses. In this work, we demonstrate that silver nanoparticles undergo a size-dependent interaction with HIV-1, with nanoparticles exclusively in the range of 1–10 nm attached to the virus. The regular spatial arrangement of the attached nanoparticles, the center-to-center distance between nanoparticles, and the fact that the exposed sulfur-bearing residues of the glycoprotein knobs would be attractive sites for nanoparticle interaction suggest that silver nanoparticles interact with the HIV-1 virus via preferential binding to the gp120 glycoprotein knobs. Due to this interaction, silver nanoparticles inhibit the virus from binding to host cells, as demonstrated in vitro”.

Hans Larsen

November 26, 2010 09:53AM
Erling,

You may wish to take a look at the products from "Results RNA" [www.resultsrna.com]. They seem to have some fairly impressive research backing up their claims.

I found their ACS200 very effective in dealing with a long-standing candida infection. I am also using their ACZnano to remove mercury, but have no personal evidence one way or another that it actually works.

Hans
Erling

November 26, 2010 12:10PM
Hi Hans,

That's quite interesting and informative. ACS200 is one of the 'ionic' CS products we looked at carefully, largely because it is promoted by Dr. Gary Gordon. Here's the lab analysis at [www.silver-colloids.com]:

Product Description:

Date: 12 October 2008
Manufacturer: ResultsRNA
Product Name: ACS 200 - Advanced Cellular Silver
Product Type: Ionic Silver
Concentration: 200 ppm
Container Size: 4 oz.
Container Material: P-1 - White Plastic

Laboratory Analysis of Product:

Conductivity: 62.3 uS/cm
Turbidity: 15.6 NTU
Color: Clear & Colorless
pH: 6.32
Total Concentration: 60.4 ppm +/- 0.05 ppm *
Ionic Concentration: 49.0 ppm +/- 0.05 ppm
Particle Concentration: 11.4 ppm
Percent Ionic: 81.1 %
Percent Particles: 18.9 %
Particle Surface Area: 0.577 cm2/mL

*32.2 % of labeled value

For that particular sample, at least, there's a large mismatch between 200 ppm claimed and 60.4 ppm measured. However, solid particles are ~11 ppm (~19%), which likely accounts for the effectiveness experienced? From all we learned, it seems clear that the ionic ~49 ppm (~81%) would become ineffective silver chloride upon entering the Cl- ion rich body. This is a point we struggled with: is AgCl truly ineffective, as stated? We never found anything to the contrary, and for assurance kept coming back to look at the graphed results of the effectiveness test, ionic Sovereign Silver vs. true colloidal Mesosilver: [silver-colloids.com]

(Sovereign Silver is 10 ppm, 96% ionic = 4% solid particles = only 0.25 ppm solid particles! -- yet is 'claimed' to be very effective!)

Erling
Erling

November 26, 2010 12:19PM
Regarding Lyme disease and ‘true’ colloidal silver, this testimonial was posted on the Colloid Forum by a Lyme sufferer: [www.colloidforum.com]

by Vel » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:29 pm

In answer to your questions: Yes, I was taking antibiotics for some time before I started [true colloidal] silver. The AB’s [antibiotics] made me very ill as I was on heavy duty IV treatment 3 times a day for 6 mos. I started the silver while I was on the AB IV treatments and had a major herx [Herxheimer] reaction. After about a month on the silver colloid and building myself up to about 2T a day I asked my doctor to go off the drugs. They agreed with supervision and have been monitoring my silver progress. Initially they thought that I would get worse being off the antibiotics if the silver didn't work. To their surprise I have gotten gradually better and continue to do so. I herx about once a month for a week or so and then feel better. In general all my symptoms are improving.

After about 2 months on the silver I asked the Dr. to redo the urine blot assay test to see if there were any dead lyme bacteria in my urine (this would prove that the silver works). My tests results came out extremely positive showing not only Lyme DNA but a whole Lyme bacterium!!

Up to this point I had not had a verifiable positive for Lyme on any of the antibiotic drugs. To me this showed that the silver is more effective in killing off Lyme bacteria than drugs - and without the side effects. I feel that the drugs did harm to my body and slowed the progress that would have been made if I had only been on silver. After getting off the drugs my immune system was severely compromised. I would recommend avoiding any use of drugs and only using the silver with nutritional supplementation.

I started my son on the silver without ever doing any of the typical treatments from the Dr. He is 10 years old and doing the best of all of us. My daughter who has Lyme as well (she's 12) was on oral AB's for two months before I put her on the silver. She is progressing nicely as well (5 months and no more joint pain). I have been on the silver now for about 6 months and have made good progress although not as fast as my children. I feel this is because of my taxed immune system and also that I have been sick for over 20 years.

I am supplementing with the colloidal gold as well and I believe this may enhance the effectiveness of the silver. The doctors seem amazed and are watching the progress of my family. I gave Lyme disease unknowingly to my children during my pregnancies. The Lyme bacterium has been proven to cross the placental barrier during pregnancy.

If you have questions you may email me at vjosa@yahoo.com. We are hopeful that we will all return to full health!

God bless
Vel

November 27, 2010 01:52AM
Erling - Great contribution!

I've been a fan of colloidal silver for many years and I'm really glad to have finally sorted out the most effective form... nano particles in the MesoSilver.

Apparently, even those products containing minor trace amounts of silver may be somewhat effective, but it makes sense not to waste money on buying water with only a few particles (ionic form) when the nano form is so much more effective and will not combine with the chloride ions in stomach acid or blood etc. That certainly was an Ah Ha! moment for me.

I should add that I have good success with the ionic form for topical applications... ie, scratchy, sore throat or adding to NutriBiotic Nasal spray if I feel 'stuffy'.

Thanks again for all those hours in the swamp burning the midnight oils to sort out the facts! This clarification is long overdue.

Jackie
Erling

November 27, 2010 02:24AM
Hans,

I could not say it better than this post to the colloid forum. Sorry - it describes the "Results RNA" website exactly - and so many others. It took us a solid month in the 'swamp' of slick advertising distortions pretending to be "science" to get at the real science - the reason for my post.

Erling
===============
[www.colloidforum.com]

So many silver products claiming to be best
by Naturopath4U » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:50 pm

I have been using colloidal silver in my practice for about 15 years. It never ceases to amaze me how many products claim to be the best and give their own reasons, testimonials and "research?".
Many give bacterial kill studies using petri dishes, although this has nothing to do with what happens to colloidal silver after it enters a live human or animal body. Even ionic silver, with ZERO colloidal particles, will do a good bacterial kill ****on a petri dish! Some use photographs of their product after it has been completely dried up so that it is no longer in liquid form and then the dried product is photographed using a electron microscope to compare their products to others. That is as ludicrous as completely dehydrating a human into microfine dust particles and comparing it to the dust particles of some other species, and assuming that it could possibly tell us anything useful at all about either species. A colloid is a liquid and must be tested in its usable liquid form if the analysis is to have much of any meaning or usefulness. I have yet to find any product that I feel comes close to the quality, uniformity, and most important of all ability to do its job, as Mesosilver. I would dearly love for a double blind study to be performed (correctly in animals not petri dishes) comparing the efficacy of the most widely promoted products. I believe from my experience that if this were done, Mesosilver would come out so far superior, that the other products might have to stop their inflated claims. On the other hand, we see advertisements every day for cars, detergents, and other products both from the companies who make the best and from the others. I will continue to look at every new product I see, with a completely open mind, but I do not expect to find a superior silver
The best health practitioner uses whatever works regardless of what other authorities may say to the contrary

Erling

November 27, 2010 07:26AM
Thank you Jackie! Yes, we did a good job! My fondest hope is that our effort will benefit those with Lyme disease.

Thank you for highlighting the different applications, ionic CS and nano-particle 'true' CS - very well said. True CS is perfect for both, ionic CS is not.

Obvious question: if using true CS systemically, a full-spectrum antimicrobial, how best to replace the 'friendly' ones?

One really ought to have on hand a 'true' colloidal silver for any infection that might be coming along. The selection of true CS is pretty limited - iHerb has only one, Source Naturals Wellness (I checked pretty carefully some weeks ago). The following are the only true CSs at [www.silver-colloids.com]:

Kelly Colloidal Silver
MesoSilver
Vitol Super Colloidal Silver
Source Naturals - Wellness Colloidal Silver
Utopia Advanced Colloidal Silver

After much searching and comparing and time spent at the colloid forum I'm voting MesoSilver [www.colloidforum.com]

Erling

Mike

November 27, 2010 06:56PM
Impressive stuff Erling!

I've thought about trying this stuff before, but am now reinvigorated to look at it again - particularly since I've always had lingering candida issues over the years.

As regards MesoSilver, does anyone here know whether this product is available in the UK? (I've Googled it but came up with nothing.) If not, where do you folks get it from in the US and do they ship to the UK?

Kindest,

Mike

November 28, 2010 01:20AM
Erling - replacing or reinoculating with the friendly flora would be the same regimen following the use of an antibiotic.

Using the powerful, systemic nano-silver would not be an ongoing protocol...so once completed, then it would be important to resume taking the probiotic that everyone should be using on a daily basis. In some cases, it may be necessary to double the dose for a period of time to be sure of the flora replacement.... The count should be in the billions for each of the strains of probiotic. S. Boulardii is well known as highly therapeutic as well.

Eating naturally fermented foods is useful as a restorative as well...sauerkraut.. rinsed to eliminate as much salt as possible... kimchi... a really good yogurt or home-made yogurt... buttermilk...

Users of the effective nano-silver, should be aware of the Herxheimer reaction from the die-off. Most often, the symptoms can feel like flu or involve intense itching in the groin/genital area due to Candida die-off. Virtually everyone has some degree of Candida overgrowth and it's often very surprising and uncomfortable when the die-off begins.

Jackie
Erling

November 28, 2010 02:20AM
Thanks Jackie - good reinforcement of information and advice that you've often provided. Lyme disease is perhaps a special situation, typical treatment with antibiotics being very prolonged, as I understand. The new thread having to do with nano-silver (Mesosilver) treatment protocol says "expect to take this dosage for three months". In the case of such prolonged treatment, should probiotics perhaps be taken concurrently?

Erling

November 28, 2010 07:28AM
Erling - The best one could do is hope alternate dosing with MesoSilver at one time... maybe morning... and probiotic last thing before bed would help avoid the silver killing the newly added flora. It is probably just as tricky as when dealing with antibiotics...

Thanks for the reminder that the protocol for Lyme is 3 months...so definitely, you'd want to be at least attempting to keep some of the good flora in the GI tract because if you wipe out all the good bacteria, then other bowel problems arise as well. Catch 22.

Jackie
Erling

November 28, 2010 07:34AM
Hello Mike! Always good to hear from you!

Wow, we've been on a roll with this quest for "truth". Weeks were spent in a foggy 'Swamp' of confusing, contradictory 'information', into the light of facts, now a tiger by the tail! This adventure will always amaze me.

The first break of rationality was the website [www.silver-colloids.com], an absolutely fantastic place for the pure science of colloids. Then came the recognition that 'they' were 'joined at the hip' with [www.purestcolloids.com], the seller of MesoSilver. Oh oh. Was this a 'conflict of interest?- was silver-colloids.com just a front for a product? If so, its design and content could sucker anybody into buying 'their' MesoSilver. It took some looking to overcome this concern, but it happened with the discovery of much corroborating evidence, all laid out in the initial post, e.g. [www.jnanobiotechnology.com]

'True' colloid Mesosilver may be purchased from Purest Colloids: <[www.purestcolloids.com];. I'd be very surprised if they don't ship to your UK. Here's a contact form: [www.purestcolloids.com]. It is also available from Colloids for Life: [www.colloidsforlife.com]

Best to you!

Erling

Erling

November 28, 2010 09:39AM
Jackie -- yes, tricky it seems. From what I read, treatment with antibiotics is typically much longer. The Mesosilver dosing protocol for Lyme: "The dosage is two ounces of Mesosilver taken 4 times a day on an empty stomach (before breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime)". Apparently what's wanted is uninterrupted supplying of silver nanoparticles to the pathogens, to the extent possible?

Erling

Jake

November 28, 2010 11:49PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all the above posters!!

I ordered the Meosilver today. The info provided is a God send. I could barely walk this week-end. I cant wait to try the Meosiver for this LD. Do I understand correctly that this does not interfer with any of the suppliments we take for A-Fib, mostly Magnesium? Would like to see a list of nutritional supplementation needed while on Meosilver to make sure Im covered.

I cant begin to express my gratitude for everyones advise.

Have a healthy day!

Jake

November 28, 2010 11:58PM
Jake - I don't see any interference issues with supplements other than the need for timing on taking probiotics to restore the essential bowel flora that an antibiotic or silver will kill.

You can refer to The Strategy for a list of nutrients that help support NSR.
[www.afibbers.org]

Keep us posted on your progress. I'm very sorry you are struggling so with Lyme. I understand very well how devastating it is.

Best to you,

Jackie
Hi Jake - Best wishes to you! I hope you'll study the science contents of the first post carefully so you'll know that this is the real deal!

From the other Lyme topic, here's a 'heads up' on dosing, and how much will be needed for a recommended full treatment:

"The dosage is two ounces of Mesosilver taken 4 times a day on an empty stomach (before breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime). Take at least 15 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after a meal. Expect to take this dosage for 3 months."

So, 2 oz (4 tablespoons) x 4/day x 90 days = 720 oz = 43 bottles @ 16.9 oz. (Much more economical, by almost half: 6 one gallon jugs @ 128 oz = 768 oz)

Nothing will delight me more than to have this benefit you, and the others with Lyme disease. In a while I'll be posting some more information.

Erling.

Jake

November 29, 2010 01:53PM
Erling,

Thanks so much. You have given me hope to fight this disease. Your time and effort is deeply appreciated. Good research. I have alot to learn.
I will let you know how I make out. Again thank you.

High Reguards!

Jake
Mike

November 29, 2010 06:37PM
Erling,

Many thanks for the further info. What amount of mesosilver should I ideally - based upon your extensive researches - take daily as a maintenance dose?? (I'll be ordering some mesosilver from the US this evening.)

I seem to be evermore ramping up on the supplements: I never thought I'd do this to the extent that I am as I've always been a bit sceptical truth be told about taking vast amounts of supps every day for the rest of my life in terms of just how much good they'd really be doing for me - well, outside of the not to be underestimated placebo effect at any rate. But by far the greater part of the information provided/presented by you, Hans, Jackie, George and others here on this forum is really quite compelling, and is, I have decided for myself, well worth paying very close attention to!

At the moment I take a daily protocol of 7 supplements (the usual suspects as generally advocated here and elsewhere generally) for lowering Hc as well as daily GPLC Glycocarn and CoQ10, Ribose, Mag chelate, Taurine, & Nattokinase, & K gluconate. Soon to be added are recently ordered D3, C and K2 and now MesoSilver! I dare say that that little lot are way less than many here, but as I said, it's a lot more than I ever thought I'd end up taking! Mmm (thinks..)........ am I missing out anything obvious there?!

Kindest,

Mike
Mike,

I hope that the supplements and the magnesium injections are doing their ****for you, that you are doing really well now. You're right, the information (don't forget PC) is well worth paying close attention to. I'm a skeptic, too -- it would be so much simpler to just eat and let the body sort out the nutrition! Civilization's got a big weak spot.

Thanks for your excellent question, "What amount of Mesosilver should I ideally take daily as a maintenance dose??" Meaning what dose will be preventive against flu, for example. We all need to know that, also what dose if one does get the flu. This is all new territory, so coming up with a straight answer might take a while. In the meantime there's this guide from the seller's very educational website [www.purestcolloids.com]:

"The dosage for Mesosilver is typically between one teaspoon (5ml) and one tablespoon (15ml) daily to help maintain health. One to four tablespoons taken 4 times per day may be taken to help fortify the immune system when needed. Actual dosage will vary based on individual needs.

"A 500 ml bottle will provide a one month supply when used at a dosage of one tablespoon per day."

Take care, see you soon! Erling

Mike

November 30, 2010 06:48PM
Erling,

Many thanks for the response.

I only left PC off my list as I haven't seen him posting for some time now. I certainly haven't forgotten about him and often wonder how he's doing - I guess pretty well since he isn't posting here! I do miss his brain-cramping posts! I would particularly liked to see his input on the propantheline bromide discussion involving mainly George - and to a lesser extent myself - of a little while ago - all about trying to suppress vagal over-domination which I certainly seem to suffer from - as likely do most other strongly vagal AFrs. I do have some PB and am thinking of trying it at some stage to assist me in trying to wean myself off my modest daily dose (75mg BID) of Flecainide. But that's something I might well try in summer: this is the time of year when I've pretty much always had episodes, so I don't want to start interfering just at the moment!

Given that - and as intimated above - most of my 11 episodes of this last 11 years have been Sept/Oct, I am currently coming towards the end of my second set of 10 (bi-weekly) IM mag injections of 2010. I'd LOVE to get another Exatest to see how things now are IC Mg wise.... but given the situation with the Exatest folks - both as experienced earlier this year my myself as well as the general mood here on this forum, I'm unsure as to whether to chance my dollars in that direction!

Kind regards,

Mike

Kind regards,

Mike
Erling

December 01, 2010 09:10AM
Hi again Mike,

Mentioning PC was unavoidable because I had just finished prowling the early CR thickets for nourishment. The many morsels by 'old timers' were frequently PC's with great contributions by Mike F. Seven years later here we are, and the band plays on! Impossible to forget the educational brain cramps, encouraging understanding of complexities underlying AF.

I followed the PB discussion out of curiosity and ignorance, while puzzling if this anticholinergic would inhibit the potent methyl donor choline, a major player in Dr. Cooney's methylation package. He notes that choline is best taken early in the day if one has difficulty with sleep, because of its part in the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. In other words, would choline be contraindicated for someone with 'vagal' AF? What do you think, Mike? Just curious about this...

Be well! Erling

PS - I encourage prowling the heavy post at the beginning. Like a Thanksgiving turkey it has in it everything for understanding what this focus on nano-paricle silver is all about. The reason it's on an AF forum becomes visibly clear while one contemplates the atrial musculature:

[iai.asm.org]
[www.owndoc.com]
[www.wadsworth.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login