Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is anybody taking Dronedarone (Multaq)

Posted by David B 
David B
Is anybody taking Dronedarone (Multaq)
January 17, 2010 02:46AM
Is anybody taking Dronedarone and if so does it work.

A recent posting suggested that iodine could be a cure for AF. Is it possible that iodine is the most significant ingredient of Amiodarone, in which case Dronedarone, which contains no iodine, might be considerably less effective.
PeggyM
Re: Is anybody taking Dronedarone (Multaq)
January 17, 2010 07:53AM
Hello David, putting multaq into the search function found the following:

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

This was by no means all the ones i found via the search function, and i must tell you there were only a minority who found it helpful. But who knows, you could be one of the lucky ones.

PeggyM
Valerie
January 17, 2010 10:37AM
I was one of those that took Multaq and found it did not help me at all.

Your question about the iodine would make logical sense to me, but I am not chemically minded, so I am interested to see if anyone else chimes in on this.

Valerie
January 19, 2010 07:37PM
Im taking Multag for about 4 months, still had breakout AFIB once a week with many ectopics PVC PAC's. I started supplementing with Ribose recently along with CQ10. Ribose seems to have really calmed my heart.....
researcher
January 20, 2010 10:04AM
Less toxic than Amio and also less effective. See 2009 review written by Burkhardt and Natale:

[eplabdigest.com]
January 20, 2010 12:25PM
McHale - music to my ears! I definitely think this is the right path to take with heart energy. Love the CoQ and ribose. I also use the GLPC form of carnitine. Jackie
Adrian
January 20, 2010 03:22PM
I've been taking Multaq for 7 weeks. So far it has had no effect on my afib which is now persistent. We'll see tomorrow wether after my cardioversion it will keep me NSR.

Cheers

Adrian
January 20, 2010 05:23PM
Hi Jackie_ I like reading your posts and thanks for contributing to us newbies fighting this beast. Anyway since adding Jarrows Ribose my heart is starting to calm down, looks like it took a couple of weeks to ramp up. I've been using Qunol Liquid CoQ10 from Costco for three months along with Maxi L-Carnitine 500mg but not till I added Ribose did I notice a difference. My heart rate drops to the mid forties and mid fifties most of the time now and very calm.
Thanks for the link to Ribose, very intresting and informative. Thanks.
GaryD
January 20, 2010 05:45PM
After an ablation I flipped out of rhythm, started on Multaq, and was successfully cardioverted. This held for 2-3 months then back out of rhythm at which time the ablation was considered a failure. Not sure if Multaq helped keep me in nsr, or if I could have stayed in nsr without the Multaq. Multaq may not be a breakthrough drug. At one time I was on flec for over 3 years until it failed and my current search for a cure began. Currently scheduled for a mini maze Feb 1 where I was given 90% chance of success. I think the ablation was close to being a success so hopefully the mini maze will work as my life is being severely compromised.

January 20, 2010 06:42PM
Gary-Good Luck to you.
Jackie I did my usual 3-4 hour gym workout today with weights and cardio then sauna, steam and jacuzzi. Heart stayed steady as a rock!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login